Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, December 19, 2011

Holiday Traditions ... SOOC

This week's Shoot & Edit theme is Holiday Traditions.  We don't really have any traditions from our childhood, so we've been starting our own Christmas traditions over the years.  One is going to see the light display that I showed you last week.  Another is letting the kids each pick a new, special ornament for our tree.

This year Alex chose a train.  Surprise.  :)
Alex-ornament-SOOC

And Nick, after much careful deliberation (i.e. doing "eeny meeny miney mo" in the store several times) finally decided on Troy Polamalu of the Pittsburgh Steelers.  (I have to look up how to spell his name every single time I type it).  :)
Nick-ornament-SOOC

Keira chose a violin, but I didn't get a photo of her with it yet.  :)

But I did get a photo of her making sugar cookies, which is another tradition we do every year.
Keira-cookies-SOOC


We have several other traditions that we haven't done yet.  Like the candlelight Christmas Eve service at our church.  And reading the Christmas story from the book of Luke.  And having a birthday cake for Jesus.  


Another thing we started a few years ago, although I'm not sure it qualifies as a tradition, is that we only get each child three gifts.  Just like the Magi gave Jesus three gifts.  That's actually been a hard thing to do because sometimes I see something that I know they will love, but I already have their three gifts purchased.  It does make wrapping a breeze though.  I wrapped everything in about 1.5 hours.  :)


Anyway, that's it from my little part of the world.  If you'd like to see what other's special traditions are, head over to Jill's.
GoodtoWow2
And I'll see you back here on Thursday with my edits.

6 comments:

Rainey said...

That's a great tradition of three gifts! If I ever have children, I'll have to remember that.

Cedar said...

Fun ornaments! Love the perspective on your cookie cutter shot!

Katie said...

I really like that photo of Keira making the sugar cookies :)

Christina said...

We're fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers, and Troy Polamalu too! I like your three gifts idea. Merry Christmas!

Tonya said...

Love the Steelers ornament! What a hoot! We're Pats fans here. Will have to look for a Tom Brady ornament for my sons!

Dena said...

love your pictures, but how about some friendly competition, I'm in baltimore and a RAVENS fan (but i secretly love big ben, but I'm not allowed to speak his name in my house cuz of the hubby !) Thanks for sharing !!