Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, November 10, 2011

Shades of Brown

Brown was one of the easier colors to find this fall.

cattails

We've got lots of brown all around us now that the trees are almost bare.

Horse
I realize this horse is brown all year round, but I just took this photo of him the other day.  :)

Me
(My daughter took this photo of me.  I processed it with The Coffee Shop Blog's Velvet Truffle action.)
My good friend, Laura, started crocheting hats and selling them.  In a short amount of time, she has turned her hobby into a profitable at-home business.  I asked her if she could make me a headband to match my winter coat (I don't do hats :)) and this is what she made.  I love it!  My ears will never be cold again!  Check her out on Facebook at Wix Works.

Horse2
These brownish weeds used to be goldenrod, I believe.  And, yeah, there's that horse again.  :)


poop-tree
If you have boys, you can probably appreciate that my five-year-old calls this the "poop tree". :)


leaf
One lonely leaf on my porch.  Texture by Shadowhouse Creations.

Brown-collage
And instead of bombarding you with more photos, I made a collage.  You are welcome.  :)
(If you've been following my blog for a while, you've seen a few of these already.)
Clockwise starting at top left ...
Alex in his brown sweatshirt looking all sweet.  (This is just after he screamed at me NOT to take his picture and I said okay without a fight).  :)
Thistle with some pretty leaves still in the background.
A barn surrounded by a ready-to-harvest field of soybeans.
Nick and his yummy chocolate-brown eyes.
A dead flower.
Some pretty weeds.  I think they used to be purple flowers.


I've really enjoyed this challenge.  It has made me seek out colors and see things in ways I may not have seen them.  Which is pretty cool.
Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge

16 comments:

Melissa said...

I always love your photos. LOVE the headband that Laura made you! And love that pic of you - your eyes are gorgeous!

Daenel T. said...

Great pictures! Love seeing you face.... And yay for warm ears. LOL at your son.

Anonymous said...

such beautiful pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

It is always fun with boys, they do seem to be single minded at times. A lovely set of brown photographs.

Laura said...

As always... great pics!

And way to go Keira!! She got a great pic of you!! And the earwarmer thingy looks great! Thanks for getting a pic for me!

Gina Kleinworth said...

They are all amazing- as always - but I am really loving your selfie!!! Beautiful clarity in your eyes! WOW!

Susan said...

Love cattails! And your comment on the horse was just too funny. Thanks for the link to your friend’s site, what cute things! (Love the monster hat!) And great selfie!

Carletta said...

Lovely series!!
Your photography is beautiful and your subjects perfect. You truly captured the essence of brown.

Ashley Sisk said...

These are all great - I love the tones.

Gretchen said...

All wonderful shots Kimberly. Brown looks great in the fall!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

Kimberly these are awesome, I especially like the cattails ~ as kids my sister and I would always make my dad find us some ~ he always did

Cedar said...

So many gorgeous photos! Fantastic!

Cathy H. said...

These are wonderful!! I think "brown" gets a little overlooked in the fall with all the other gorgeous colors. You have made that ordinary brown, so beautiful!! Love this post!

Satakieli said...

These are beautiful, I especially like the ones with the horse in the background :)

Thanks so much for taking part in the Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge!

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

So many great shots! I absolutely love the collage!
Thanks for joining us in the Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge. I hope you'll be back again on Friday for our new theme, white. Have a great day!

alicia said...

I'm in love with these! So many to choose from. Really, really love the collage! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful captures!