Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, November 21, 2011

Photo of the Day: November 21

November 21
ISO 800, f/5.6, 1/30s, 18-105mm lens @ 70mm
So often I'm more concerned with getting a "great" photo that I miss documenting my day to day life.  Like today ... I went to the boys' school to put this turkey and a bunch of feathers up on the bulletin board for PTO.  The kids are able to purchase a feather (or feathers) with their name on it.  The winning class will get a special prize.  And the money raised for PTO will be used towards programs/activities for the school.  The kids who walked past when I was done thought the turkey was pretty cool.  I agree.  :)

During this week of Thanksgiving, I'm stopping to be thankful for the many, many blessings in my life.  (Although I try to do this every day - not just this week.  I just happen to be putting them in my posts this week.)  I'm so thankful today that I get to be a SAHM and am able to do things like this.

BTW, I used the liquify filter on the feathers so you can't read the kids' names.

6 comments:

karren said...

This is great...clever shot. I love the perspective and the feathers look cook with that trick.

Teachinfourth said...

It looks cool nonetheless!

Ellie said...

Your turkey looks awesome!!! Great idea.

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

the feathers are awesome ~ I was lucky to be able to be a SAHM ~ best job I ever had!

Gretchen said...

Love the feathers with the "liquified" names! I'm quite thankful to be a SAHM too... but lately thinking it's time to start the road to back to the working world. Now to figure out where to begin...

Anonymous said...

So sweet, love the filter on the feathers!