Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, November 6, 2011

Macro ... SOOC

This week's Shoot & Edit/Good to WOW theme is Macro.  Now I don't have a macro lens (yet!), but I did purchase a set of macro filters a while back and have enjoyed playing with them.  Here are a few SOOC shots taken with my 18-55mm lens and a 10x macro filter ...

Macro-flowers-SOOC
I took this photo a couple weeks ago and forget what kind of flowers these are buds for ... impatiens maybe?

Macro-white-flower-SOOC
These teeny tiny flowers are still hanging on despite the frost we've had.

Macro-berries-SOOC
I posted a similar (edited) photo for my photo of the day yesterday.  I just love all the color in the background from the colorful leaves on the bush where these berries were found.

Macro-gerber-daisy-SOOC
My sweet husband cleared out the flower bed in front of our house a couple days ago, preparing for winter.  He cut down all the flower stems (that were all dead).  However, he missed this wilting gerber daisy.  It was pretty close to the ground so perhaps he didn't see it.  I'm glad he didn't.  :)

Macro-corn-stalk-SOOC
Last, our porch is decorated for autumn with pumpkins, scarecrows, and corn stalks.  I was playing around with photographing the corn stalks and loved this one of the tassels.  The tassels in the background are what is making the bokeh.  Love it!


I am kind of bummed that I just found out Sunday evening that one of my photos from October was in the running for best SOOC.  I was so busy with funerals and stitch removal and field trips and birthday parties that I didn't get a chance to visit Jill's blog until after the voting was over.  :(  I'm excited that my photo was picked.  I just wish I had found out sooner.  I really want one of Gina's camera straps, which was the prize.  Oh well, I'll just have to get one myself.  My thanks to Jill for picking my photo!


Anyway, head over to Jill's today to see more great Macro shots!


I hope to see you back here on Wednesday for my Wild & Wonderful Wednesday photo link up!  And on Thursday for my edits.
GoodtoWow2

14 comments:

Ellie said...

I love macro shots and yours are lovely. You seem to be doing alright without the macro lens.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous shots, I don't see anywhere you could improve on these.

Gina Kleinworth said...

Those came out GREAT! I just love the light in them all. Thanks for the tips- I am now encouraged to go try them out.

Kim, USA said...

Your photos are awesome! Do you used tripod when taking macro shots? Happy Monday!

Mi Macro

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

these are fabulous ~ you don't need a marco lens your filters are doing a great job!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! I love those red berries :)

Ida said...

Amazing! These are just wonderful.
My 2 favorites, The White Flowers and the Red Berries.

Ashley Sisk said...

These are all beautiful - can't wait to see what you do with them.

Anonymous said...

These are soooo gorgeous.

Cedar said...

So beautiful! I too love that tassel one! I don't know that you need to bother editing, but either way I imagine they'll turn out gorgeous!

Kala said...

They are all great macros, but the image of the wilting Gerber daisy really steals my heart.

Happy MM

Lori Allberry said...

Wow, Wow, Wow, *WOW* Kimberly!!!
These shots are gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!!!!!
I was tickled when I read that you do not have a macro lens. I do not have one either, and I thought I was the only person in the world without one!

I am so glad I found your blog on Jill's challenge!

Lori

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

All are fantastic, Kimberly, but I'm really partial to the last one. Love the colors.

Unknown said...

Exquisite macro shots Kimberly! I love the first two shots with the shapes and colors. Thank you for sharing! I would love to know more about macro filters and where you got them if you would be willing to share.