Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, November 10, 2011

Macro ... Edited

Welcome back to the edit version of Shoot & Edit/Good to WOW!  Thank you all for your sweet comments you left on Monday's SOOC post!  You are all very generous with your kind words and I am honored and humbled by each and every one!


To answer a couple questions I received ... no, I don't typically use a tripod when taking macro photos.  I manually focus and then move my camera around until I get the focus I want, so a tripod just wouldn't work.  :)  And the macro filters I got were very inexpensive ones I found on Amazon.  They are a set of 4 for about $12.  Much more affordable than a macro lens, although I have one on my Christmas list.  :)

I was pretty pleased with my SOOC shots so I didn't do too much as far as editing goes with them.  Just a few tweaks in ACR then some sharpening, unless specified otherwise.  Although for a few I wanted to get a little creative, so I played around with some actions, frames, and textures.


{mouse over to see sooc}
Macro-flowers-EDIT

I added a couple Kim Klassen textures to this one ... Aurora and Sweettart ... both at 50% then painted off the focal point at 30%.
Macro-flowers-EDIT-textured

{mouse over to see sooc}
Macro-white-flower-EDIT2
For the above photo, I also corrected the white balance.  The SOOC looked a little green/blue to me.

Then I used Katie Lloyd's Vintage Polaroid frame.
Macro-flower-buds-EDIT

Macro berries EDIT
Very slight adjustments done to the berry photo.  I loved the SOOC.

gerber daisy EDIT PW Lovely
For the gerber daisy, after the adjustments in ACR, I ran Pioneer Woman's Lovely action.

corn stalk EDIT
I did very little editing to the corn tassel photo.  I really liked how it turned out sooc.  


Make sure you head over to Ashley's to see more great macro photos!

Good to WOW


Also linking up with:



          


One more thing that I am super excited about ... the photo of the paddle boarder that is in my header and won the Favorite Photo for October contest on Through a Photographer's Eyes was selected as the winner in a local contest I entered!!!  I received an email this afternoon.  I will receive a monetary prize and have my photo featured in our county's 2012 Visitor's Guide!  Isn't that cool?!?!


Hope you are all having a spectacular Thursday!  The kids had a half day of school today and have tomorrow off, so we're hoping for a fun, relaxing weekend.

9 comments:

Ellie said...

Your photos are fantastic, but I love, love, LOVE your berry shot.

Anonymous said...

Totally love the berry shot.. Great job!

Tamar SB said...

These are just stunning!! Amazing before and after!

Kim Stevens said...

I do love those berries!!

Cedar said...

Still lovely photos and nice, subtle edits!

Robin said...

Love the photos and the edits...macro photography is probably one of my favorite photography styles.

deb duty said...

Really incredible macro shots! Wow!! Your edits are gorgeous, but your sooc shots are too!

Ashley Sisk said...

Well I already was a fan of this set and you only made it better. Fantastic.

Misty said...

Gorgeous edits, Kim!