Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, October 9, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 10.09.11

The items for this week's hunt are: Landscape, Color Wheel - Complementary/Triadic Color, Black & White, Food, and Blank Space.

{landscape}
October 7/Landscape
I know this was my Project 365 photo of the day on Friday, but I still wanted to use it for this category.  I might have to have this printed on a canvas and hang it on my wall.  I love it!  :)

{color wheel}
color-wheel-part-2
Purple, green, and reddish-orange - I think this qualifies?


{black & white}
black-and-white
For this category, I already had a flower photo converted to black and white and was quite pleased with it.  So imagine my excitement to see this at a fall festival on Saturday!  Please tell me I'm not the only one to get giddy over finding scavenger hunt items when I'm not even looking.  :)

{food}
Food
This is from the archives ... but only from a few weeks ago.  Peppers at a local green house.

{blank space}
blank-space
Okay, so when taking pictures of sunsets with a lot of blank space in them, remember to clean your lens before you start shooting.  I had to do a lot of clean up on this one and I still missed a spot or two.  *sigh*  It was a gorgeous sunset though.


Head over to Ashley's for more great scavenger hunt photos!



Next week's items are:
  1. Abstract 
  2. Round (Paper Heart Camera prompt)
  3. Fire (Pieni Lintu's suggestion)
  4. Seeing Faces in Strange/Unexpected Places (Pieni Lintu's suggestion)
  5. Stars (Pieni Lintu's suggestion)

16 comments:

Sara said...

Wow, I love your landscape shot, love the way the person on the board shows the scale, the wake behind them is wonderful, the colours are gorgeous! So still and awesome!
The sunset is so beautiful too!

Ellie said...

Your first picture is breath-taking. Absolutely lovely. I think I already commented on it before but I still like it :))
I also really like your flower picture. Great work.

Anonymous said...

Stunning shots!!!! I love your interpretation for each one! I don't know which is my favorite!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful collection! I especially like the landscape...so tranquil.

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

These are just so good - love that autumnal landscape scene along with your black and white shot of the crate.

Tamar SB said...

I love your landscape - it's so vivid and your food is really great too!

Teachinfourth said...

That first shot is really an eye-catcher...

Kim Stevens said...

You should absolutely print and hang that first one on your wall, it's awesome! Love the food shot - the colors are great!

Unknown said...

Stunning. Love each of them. But I have to say, the black and white made me smile. What a lucky find!!
oxo
lynn

SarahinSC said...

Really beautiful shots! The sunset is so pretty! I didn't see one smudge on that shot!

Andrea Dawn said...

Oh my gosh, Kimberly, these are all so beautiful. Landscape is definitely a framer! I also especially love the peppers and the black & white (and you are not the only one who gets giddy over finding a clue when you weren't particularly looking).

Ashley Sisk said...

Beautiful set - I really love your first shot. The composition is so perfect.

Anonymous said...

I love every single one. So gorgeous!! Kimberly you did such a great job as always. :)

Unknown said...

Great job! Loved your landscape and your black and white!!!

Unknown said...

All of them are great but I really love the first one so peaceful!

Unknown said...

the guy in the landscape..what is he doing.. so cool... I love how shiny the peppers look too... and your hummingbird in the header is amazing!