Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, October 2, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 10.02.11

Time for another Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  This week's items are Inspired by a Book or Movie, Brown, Hazy, Coffee or Tea, and Linger.  So let's get right to it, shall we?

{inspired by a book or movie}
inspired-by-movie
This was the hardest category for me this week.  I had all these ideas spinning through my  head, but wasn't sure how to make any of them work.  Finally, after going through pictures from Keira's birthday party, the movie Sixteen Candles popped into my head.  While I realize that she's only 13, I'm still using it.  :)  (Processed with The Pioneer Woman's Soft Faded action).

{brown}
brown
Love these chocolate brown eyes.
Photography love...

{hazy}
hazy
This was also a hard one for me.  It hasn't been hazy around here this week, and if it has been, I've missed it.  :)  So I went for an out of focus shot of the sun setting.

{coffee or tea}
coffee-or-tea
A rare self-portrait moment.  :)  No coffee here, thank you.

{linger}
linger
This might be a stretch, but when I took my sister home after our weekend away, I decided to linger at the top of Mount Washington to get a few photos of the beautiful city of Pittsburgh.

So that's it for me.  We'll be spending this afternoon watching the Steelers win hopefully.  Be sure to stop by Ashley's to see more great Scavenger Hunt items.  There are some incredible photographers out there!



And if you are interested in playing along for next week, the items to look for are:
  1. Landscape
  2. The Color Wheel: Complementary/Triadic Color (Exploring with a Camera theme: click HERE)
  3. Black and White (Paper Heart Camera prompt)
  4. Food (Danielle's suggestion)
  5. Blank Space (Anika's suggestion)
Have a blessed week!

14 comments:

Mary Gene Atwood said...

Your set is stunning! You have a great eye, and the clarity is superb.

Unknown said...

These are really captivating. I love the sun on your hands.
xo
lynn

Kim said...

These are so great! The one of your son is gorgeous!!!

Kmcblackburn said...

Look at those beautiful big brown eyes! And I think Pittsburgh is an unrecognized beautiful city. My oldest was born there when my Better Half was in school at Pitt. I worked for Heinz Hall for the Performing Arts. Such a beautiful city when captured from Mt. Washington.

Kathy

Jaymi said...

great shots, love those big brown eyes! great focus!

Ashley Sisk said...

This is such a nice collection - I love them all. Great work!

Jessie C said...

Your pictures are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Beautiful set! Love your hazy and linger shots.

Teachinfourth said...

I love the steam rising from the mug...

Anonymous said...

I love them all. That linger shot is gorgeous. I also love your tea shot. So beautiful.

Valeria said...

Love love brown, so sharp, so bright... great.
Happy birthday Miss Keira!!!

Cedar said...

Love your perspective on tea! Great shot! Beautiful brown eyes and that city scape is simply fantastic!

Christina said...

Fantastic interpretations! Beautiful view of Pittsburgh! I like your hazy shot!

Susan said...

Great finds! I especially like your take on hazy.