Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, October 31, 2011

Photo of the Day: October 31 + New Link Up Announcement!

October 31 w/textures
ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/160s, 18-55mm lens on Nikon D40, Kim Klassen's Serendipity and And Then Some textures applied.
{mouse over to see the almost SOOC, non-textured version}
This Gerber daisy is somewhat of a mystery.  It is growing where it was not planted.  And it is still growing despite the few frosty and/or snowy mornings we've had lately.  It is one of the few flowers that is still blooming.  I think that's pretty cool.  :)



Adventures & Misadventures of Daily Living     kimklassencafe     



Plus I am excited to announce my new photo link up will be starting this Wednesday!
Wild & Wonderful Wednesday!  (link will take you to a page with the W&WW button)


Each Wednesday you can stop by and link up your wild and/or wonderful photo(s) from the past week.  Wild could be some beautiful flowers, a gorgeous landscape, an adorable critter, or even your wild and crazy kid(s)!  And wonderful could be anything you think is wonderful!  As you can imagine, I'm pretty flexible.  I just want you to show off your incredible photos!  :)


I hope you'll join me for Wild & Wonderful Wednesdays!

I can't wait to see your photos!  I hope you'll stop back and link up.  Or better yet, scroll down and click that follow button so you won't miss out!  :)

13 comments:

Melissa said...

Gerber daisies - my favorite. :)

Unknown said...

I love this color, and the texture looks fabulous!

Unknown said...

This is an absolutely lovely shot. Just glorious. Magnificent! I will try to remember to come back tomorrow. I am sure your linky will be lots of fun! Good luck!

Misty said...

What an incredible shot. So beautiful. Looking forward to your linkup. Congrats on winning favorite photo of the month!

Unknown said...

so beautiful photo! i quite like your edit on it!

Light Trigger: OUR ENTRY

Rosie Grey said...

This is such a wonderful photo and gorgeous processing!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Super excited for your new hop tomorrow- see you then

Susan said...

Oh my, what an amazing shot, and texture was just perfect!

Anonymous said...

Love that shot. YAY for a new link up.

Linda said...

really wonderful!!!

Teachinfourth said...

The texture and color are both wonderful!

sabrina sane said...

The shot is so unique because you somewhat expect the gerber to open while you are viewing. Great masking and texturing.

Lisa Gordon said...

This is a stunning image Kimberly!
The focal point and depth of field are perfection!
Beautifully done.

Thank you so much for sharing at The Creative Exchange this week.

Have a wonderful evening!

lisa.