Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Friday, October 21, 2011

Outstanding Orange

Orange, a close relative of red, sparks more controversy than any other hue.
pumpkin patch
{photo processed with The Pioneer Woman's Soft Faded action}


There is usually a strong positive or negative to orange ... 

fall leaves


and true orange usually elicits a stronger "love it" or "hate it" response than other colors.

orange fall leaves


Fun and flamboyant orange radiates warmth and energy.

October 16


Orange stimulates activity ...


Nick's pumpkin


stimulates appetite ...
Orange shades of autumn collage
and encourages socialization.

Week 39 - Orange edited - aperture and DOF


Orange is one of those colors that really stands out, even at a distance.  It seems to shout, "Hey, look at me!"
Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge
All interesting facts about the color orange were found here.

14 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Love it - especially the third and last shot.

Anonymous said...

WOW! These are sooo gorgeous.

Gretchen said...

Love your color posts!! Orange is one of those I can take or leave. Great collection of orange!! =)

Stasha said...

Love these. You sure know your orange!

Honey Mommy said...

I love your textured leaf photo as well as the beautiful flower to finish it off!

Gorgeous!

Misty said...

These are great. Love the perspective and DOF on that last one.

Kristin said...

Wow, you captured some really amazing fall shots and made orange, my not so favorite color, look beautiful. Your leaf photos are fantastic and your last shot made me swoon for a moment!!! Love it!

Teachinfourth said...

My favorite time of year and some of the best colors...

Susan said...

These are all so beautiful :)

Unknown said...

Love all these orange shots! The last one was Gorgeous!

Susan said...

Love your last shot. Great shot of the fluffy caterpillar in your collage too. It looks like you’ll have a mild winter this year.

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

I love your collage. It's so bright and cheery! Your use of texture in the third photo is just wonderful. But that last photo? I love it!
Thanks for joining us in the Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge. I hope you'll be back again next week when we move on to our new theme, RED! Have a great weekend.

alicia said...

Such wonderful captures. Really love that last shot! wow! And you make me feel better about buying my gerber daisy. lol. Wish I had them growing here though... Thanks for joining us for the Shades of Autumn Challenge!

Susan said...

Wow...one is more beautiful then the other.

Great captures♥