Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, October 2, 2011

Orange ... SOOC

This week's theme for Shoot & Edit/Good to WOW! is orange.  Alex has this orange jacket that he wears all the time, so orange was a pretty easy theme for me.  :)
GoodtoWow2

orange2-sooc
At last week's final soccer practice, the leaders surprised the kids by breaking out the parachute for some play time.  The kids loved it!

orange3-sooc
Then when soccer practice was all done, the kids each got a medal for participating.  Alex was so excited, he actually stood still long enough for me to snap one photo of him.  :)  Then he was off to play at the playground for a few minutes.

orange1-sooc
A few weeks back I was admiring the gerber daisy that was growing in my flower bed.  I'm pretty sure I took this with a macro filter attached - probably 10x.  Now there are 3 more flowers blooming!  I hope they stick around for a while.  We're not supposed to get any frost this week, although it has felt cold enough the past couple days.  But it is supposed to be 78 degrees next Sunday!  I love the crazy temperature fluctuations of fall!
    MM3


Oh, and did you notice?  I now officially have 100 followers!  Thank you!  I'm am truly honored and humbled that 100 people are interested in my little ol' blog.  Even though probably half of you never even visit anymore.  :)  And since I completely forgot about my blogoversary being last Sunday (September 25), I'll be hosting a giveaway this week to celebrate both occasions, so stay tuned!  (Gotta love a good teaser, right?)  :)

19 comments:

Karen said...

I love the focus of the daisy!

Kala said...

Gorgeous selective focus!

Happy MM

Catherine said...

Wow how stunning and dreamy! And Gerber Daisies are my favorite too!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Handsome young man and what a lovely blossom. Beautiful effect!!! Cathy

Roan said...

Handsome lad. Love the flower!

Sarah Coggins said...

Wonderful photos! Love your son's grin looking out from under the parachute. Loving the fall coolness here too. :)

Ashley Sisk said...

Such cute shots of your son and I love the last shot.

karren said...

Well, I actually gasped when I scrolled down to this flower!
BEAUTIFUL!!

Kim, USA said...

Love that smile. And your flower it's awesome the focus is amazing.

Smell The Rose

Anonymous said...

That flower shot is so dreamy! Good job!

Christina said...

Wow, the flower is fabulous!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Okay- the first 2 are so darn cute & that last one- you blow me away!!! WOW!!!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Wonderful orange photos. It's great when all team players are acknowledged. LOVE your gerber a photo!

Ida said...

Great shots. Your boy looks so happy.
Love the shot of the flower, so pretty.
http://wishesdreamsandotherthings.blogspot.com/2011/10/macro-monday-and-31-days-of-reflection.html

Anonymous said...

I love the focus and the perspective you took on the daisy! Stunning.

Anonymous said...

That last shot is gorgeous!

L. said...

Such a gorgeous macro shot! I can't wait to see what you do with it! :D

Gretchen said...

I LOVE that last shot... I'm not sure you need to do anything to it!!!! I remember playing with a parachute when I was a kid... good times... and your Alex looks like he's having a grand time!

ShonEjai said...

Beautiful photos! Well done with the shot of the flower. I love you creative use of depth of field and composition.