Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, October 10, 2011

Leaves ... SOOC

I invited my friend, Laura, and her adorable kids, Liza and Jason, to join Alex and me on the bike trail this morning for a walk.  We haven't seen much of each other lately and we needed some time to catch up.  While it was a bit difficult to get completely caught up with three kids in tow, we did get to talk some.  Hopefully we'll get more time without kids soon.  :)

Anyway, we took our cameras along on our walk to capture some photos of the changing leaves. What a difference since just last Friday when Alex and I were just there!  
GoodtoWow2
Here are some SOOC shots of our walk ...
Leaves1-SOOC
Jason, Alex, and Liza had a good time running when we first got there.

Leaves3-SOOC
Alex found a walking stick.

Leaves4-SOOC
Then ditched the walking stick so he could run.

Leaves5-SOOC
Laura with her two adorable kids, Liza and Jason.  They were tired out on the walk back.  Guess it was all that running in the beginning.  :)  And maybe the fact that we went about 3 miles.


I really enjoy photo walking with Laura.  We both learn from each other.  She's great at people pictures, which is my weak area.  And I'm pretty good at still-life (at least I think I am?), which she claims to be weak in, although I tend to disagree.  :)  So we inspire each other to step outside our comfy little boxes and try new things.

Leaves2-SOOC
This leaf caught my eye ... it was caught in some poppy plants.

Leaves6-SOOC
Liza collected flowers and BIG leaves on our walk.

Leaf bokeh - SOOC
Finally, this photo was taken on Saturday.  The kids and I went to a fall festival in the small town where my in-laws live.  We parked at their house and walked down and passed this grassy stuff on the way there.  I told the kids to remind me to get a photo on the way back ... with the yummy leaf bokeh in the background.  I sure do love me some bokeh.  :)  And I really love it with the beautiful colorful leaves!


If you would like to see some more great SOOC shots, head over to Jill's.  You won't be disappointed!


Happy Monday!

11 comments:

Ellie said...

Sounds like a good walk. Your pictures are lovely, the leaves are changing colour nicely now.

Laura said...

Yay! Can't wait to see your edits! Debating whether or not to join in this week since I would actually have photos. :)

Gina Kleinworth said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! I can't say that BIG enough!!!!! I absolutely adore your setting- what an amazing place. I am dying for some great places like that to get some pics!!!

faith ann raider said...

LOVE that first one!!

Courtney said...

What a beautiful path! These are all gorgeous, Kimberly. Perfect SOOC shots!

Ashley Sisk said...

These are all so beautiful. I especially love the last shot.

Anonymous said...

I love the background color in the last one! Beautiful sooc!

Unknown said...

Beautiful shots. Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love them all. Great SOOC shots. That first one if my favorite I think.

Gretchen said...

All are wonderful... this is the perfect weather for walking in the woods! LOVE that last shot! =)

Anonymous said...

I think that it's so awesome that you and your friend are able to go out and take photos while your kids also have fun! Your pictures turned out really well!