Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, September 1, 2011

Water ... Edited

Welcome back to Shoot & Edit/Good to WOW!  Earlier this week you saw my SOOC shots.  Today I show you my edits.

If you've been around here for any time at all, you already know that I don't like to spend a great deal of time editing.  So I keep things pretty simple most of the time.  That's what I did this week.  Kept things simple.  Besides, since the kids started school yesterday, I have a LOT of homework to do!  Somehow that doesn't seem fair!  :)

Anyway, without further ado ... here are my water photos ...
{mouse over to see SOOC}
DSC_0008-edit1
Just simple edits.  In ACR I increased the recovery a bit since the original was a bit overexposed.  I also increased the blacks, clarity, and vibrancy.

I decided to add a solid mauvish-colored layer to warm this photo up a bit - turned the opacity down to about 50%.  Mouse over to see the above edited version vs. the warmer version.
DSC_0008-edit2

{mouse over to see SOOC}
DSC_0010-edit
Increased blacks a little, increased clarity and vibrancy.  And cropped.

Since these photos are different sizes, I couldn't do the mouse over thing.  So you'll just have to see them this way.  Here's the SOOC one.
Pond SOOC

And the edit.  
DSC_0012-edit
I really didn't do much with it - increased blacks slightly and increased clarity and vibrancy, as usual.

{mouse over to see SOOC}
DSC_0044-edit
Same simple edits on this one.  And I believe I cropped it slightly.

So that's it for me.  Be sure to head over to Ashley's to see more great water edits.  (still can't get that darn button to work)
Next week's theme is Back to School - in case you'd like to play along.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!! Loved the editing <3

Ashley Sisk said...

Nicely done - on the first picture, I really like the second edit. Great work.

Michelle said...

I like the edits...the colors are more vibrant. I wish we could find a spot like that around here. There's something about the sound of rushing water, while being out in nature. Looks like a great place to spend time.