Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, September 1, 2011

Photo(s) of the Day: August 31

Keira
The first day of school!
Keira catches the bus about 2 hours before Nick and she almost missed the bus on the first day.  We left in plenty of time to walk to the bus stop 2 houses over.  We stopped and took 3 pictures which didn't take much time at all.  Then when we were about 1/2 way through neighbor #1's yard, the bus came - 10 minutes before she was scheduled to be there.  So poor Keira had to run to catch the bus on the first day!
As nervous and anxious as she was to be starting at a new school, when she got home, she said she had a great day.

Nick and Alex
Nick wasn't the most cooperative when getting his first-day-of-school photo taken.  He would either make a strange face like this or not look at me at all.  Grrrr.  He was so excited to be wearing his new pink shirt to school.  Not because it is pink, but because it has skulls on it (which mom didn't see when she bought it or it would have stayed at the store).  :)  Nick loves his 3rd grade teacher (I knew he would) and had a great first day!


Alex has afternoon Kindergarten so he doesn't catch the bus until after lunch.  (Which is why there are 3 different photos today!)  He couldn't wait to get to school.  He kept asking if it was lunch time yet.  I guess he thought if we ate lunch earlier that school would start earlier.  He had a great first day also!


Doug and I went out to lunch once we got Alex on the bus.  He actually had a day off so we thought we'd better take advantage of it.  Then we worked on September's budget (gag) and the kids got home soon after.  Then it was homework (mine, not theirs!) and off to Wednesday night Bible classes at church.  By the time we got home and got the kids bathed and in bed, I was beat.  (Which is why I'm a day late posting my photo of the day).  I plan to take a nap this afternoon.  :)

6 comments:

Laura said...

Keira looks sooo grown up!

Jaime said...

Hehe...my boys are getting to that stage of your older son. ;) Great 1st day pics though.

Rainey said...

Keira looks so pretty and grown up! Yay for three good days all around. I like Nick's pink shirt ;-)... sorry Mom!

Melissa said...

Yay! Happy first day of school! I am glad they had good days. Although sorry she was almost late! That is a bad feeling!!

Michelle said...

I'm glad they had a good first day. Bummer about the bus, but glad she made it in time. Your daughter is a beautiful young lady!

Teachinfourth said...

I should have taken a photo of myself on the first day of school...

Curses.

Your kids look like they have mixed feelings about it!