Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Teen Portrait ... SOOC

This week's Shoot & Edit/Good to Wow! theme is Adult/Teen Portrait.  This is definitely an area I am week in.  I find it much easier to photograph inanimate objects, or birds, butterflies, etc.  People are where I really need the practice.  And my kids don't usually like to be still long enough for me to photograph them.

However, Keira will be turning 13 tomorrow, so when she got home from school today, we took advantage of the nice weather and the few minutes we had with just the two of us before the boys got home.

So while she's still not technically a teen (at least for a few more hours), I'm still using these photos.  :)
Week 37 - Teen portrait - SOOC
ISO 200, f/8, 1/40s, 18-105mm lens


One thing I noticed right away is that I'm too close to her right hand.  Should have left more space there.  And my white balance is off.  I forgot to check it before we started shooting.  Ugh!


Keira SOOC


One of these days when we have nice weather and more time I would like to go practice with her.  She's a very willing model.  I just wish I had my new camera back from repairs.  It is still on "parts hold".  Ugh!  It hasn't even been a month yet, but it seems like forever!  :)


Anyway, check back in on Thursday for my edits.  And if you'd like to see more great SOOC shots, go visit Jill's blog.  Have a fabulous week!
GoodtoWow2

1 comment:

Ashley Sisk said...

These are great - I can't wait to see what you'll do with them. I love the second shot - but I'm a sucker for fill the frame!