Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, September 19, 2011

Photo of the Day: September 19

September 19
ISO 400, f/11, 1/160s, 18-105mm lens on Nikon D40
Okay, so I'm totally cheating on this one.  Did not take one photo today.  Too busy with dentist appointments, doctor appointments, a little bit of shopping with my almost teen who was too sick for school but not to sick to try on a few pairs of jeans :), and trying to get caught up on laundry after being away for 3 days.
Anywho, this is Falling Water, the famous Kaufmann home that was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and built back in the 1930s.  We toured it on Sunday.  It was really cool.  I couldn't possibly do it justice by describing it, so you'll just have to make a trip to see it for yourself.  I would have liked to post a photo of Doug and me with Falling Water behind us, but the girl who kindly offered to take our picture didn't listen to my instructions and focus on us and not the house.  Therefore we are very dark and blurry while the house is clear and perfectly in focus.  *sigh*  :)  Oh well, it's the thought that counts, right?

4 comments:

Laura said...

I want to go there. Hmmm... Mike and I do have a babysitter for lots of hours on Sunday. Maybe.

Anonymous said...

I took one look at that and thought "Hey! That's Falling Water!" Wow, I just impressed myself.

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

It is so funny how often when people see me with my "big camera" they ask me to take a photo of them with their camera. Guess they think I know what I'm doing. I fooled them!

So the trick is to ask the person there who has the biggest, baddest camera!

Gretchen said...

A friend of mine wanted me to use her camera for her daughter's b-day party... just to capture some pinata shots. BOY... did I feel silly when I couldn't figure out her camera. It was not my camera... it all confused me!! =P LOVE this shot... I'd love to go see that... or live there!! =P