Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, September 22, 2011

Teen Portrait ... Edited

Thursdays bring with them Shoot & Edit/Good to WOW! ... the edited version.  I'm still digesting the fact that my baby girl is a teenager as of yesterday.  It will probably take a little time to get used to that fact.  Is it even possible that I'm old enough to have a teenager?  :)  I guess it is because here she is.

Anyway, here are my edits ... (mouse over to see SOOC version)
Keira edit1

Keira edit2


On both photos I did the usual in Adobe Camera Raw (increase exposure, blacks, clarity, and vibrance).  But first I needed to correct my white balance.  (I forgot to adjust it before we started shooting).


Then I brought the photos into PSE and ran The Coffee Shop Blog's Baby Powder Room action to "fix" her face.  I always struggle with whether or not to do that to fix faces because they look like what they look like ... and it is right to remove acne, etc.?  Oh well, I did it.  Right or wrong.


I also ran Pioneer Woman's Soft Faded action on the second photo and reduced the opacity to 30%.  I like how it turned out.
Keira edit3


So that's it for me.  Be sure to head over to Ashley's to see more great teen/adult portraits.  I'm hoping to get around to visit your blogs tomorrow.  This week has been super busy!  I'm looking forward to things slowing down a bit around here ... starting tomorrow.  I hope!  :)
Good to WOW

2 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

I really like your clean edit - nicely done.

Cedar said...

Excellent natural edits and portraits! She has gorgeous eyes!