Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Friday, September 30, 2011

Photo of the Day: September 30

September 30
ISO 400, f/8, 1/160s, 18-105mm lens on Nikon D40
Cheating today ... this was taken yesterday.  (Rainy day - busy with errands and preparing for tomorrow's birthday party ... and attending a birthday party this evening).

During Alex's soccer practice, the leaders broke out the parachute for the kids to play with.  They had a blast!  While the chute was in the air, I managed to snap a few photos from underneath.
Linking up with Texture Thursday - better late than never!  :)


The Daily Wyatt
A few of you commented on yesterday's Life Flight helicopter photo with concern about the purpose of the helicopter.  I guess I should have mentioned that I was able to use the situation as a teaching moment.  As cool as it was for a five-year-old to see, Alex and I discussed why the "flying ambulance" is needed - because of the urgency of the patient's situation - and we were also able to stop and pray for the person inside and the pilot(s). 

4 comments:

karren said...

very beautiful and colorful!

ShonEjai said...

Nice colors. I love how you composed the shot off center to take advantage of the converging lines. Well done!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Beautiful photo.
I like the composition and colors.

Regards and best wishes

Jaime said...

So colorful!