Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Saturday, October 1, 2011

Farm Tour 2011 - Part 1

Every year for the past 10 years or so, we go on a local Farm Tour.  Three or four farms open themselves up to the public so we can see what it is that they do there.  It is usually the first Saturday in October, but this year the farms needed the date changed, so it was last weekend.  The weather was gorgeous and we had a great time.  Even if Daddy had to work and wasn't able to join us.


I took so many fun photos on our annual Farm Tour this year that I decided to break the tour into 2 separate posts.  I don't want to overload you!  :)


On our first farm we saw ...


a miniature farm display
DSC_0013
It was huge and incredible.  The creator of it has to take it almost all apart when he travels from place to place.  He said only the buildings and the cows are stationery.  And it takes about 3 hours to set up each time.  That's dedication!  This is only a small section of it.


Lots of corn fields
DSC_0051


And lots of corn
DSC_0034


Many, many tractors
DSC_0031


and some baby cows.
DSC_0019


I attempted several times to get a good photo of all 3 kids together.  This is probably the best one.  They don't always like to cooperate.  :)
DSC_0043


The second stop on the tour was a greenhouse.  


They had lots of cool vegetable displays
DSC_0059
if you mouse over the pepper photo, you'll see a cool new technique I just learned to do this week called twirling.  Fun!


We got to taste some jams and jellies
DSC_0054
We brought home a jar of apple butter and a jar of pumpkin butter.  Yum!


And, of course, there were so many beautiful mums.
DSC_0052
Photos from the other two farms will have to wait for another day, so stay tuned.  :)


Give me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday    Flashback Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli                                           

6 comments:

Melissa said...

You take beautiful photos, kim!

Ashley Sisk said...

I love all of these images - they scream fall!

Misty said...

I love them all! I need to find a place like this in our area. Bring on fall!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Love the country life. :)

Laura said...

Ooooh! That twirling thing is FUN!

And I LOVE the photo of the kids!

Jen said...

Looks like fun!