Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, September 26, 2011

Photo of the Day: September 26

September 26
ISO 400, f/8, 1/40s, 18-105mm lens on Nikon D40
Keira and I have been trying to find a good day/time to take her photos for her recent birthday.  But we seem to either have somewhere to be at the golden hour or there is no golden hour because of the rain.  We tried this evening but quickly lost our light to the clouds rolling in bringing us thunderstorms.  So we're hoping we get another opportunity soon.  I like this photo of Keira because of the genuine smile - she was laughing at her brother instead of faking a smile - although the focus seems a bit soft (probably due to the slow shutter speed).  I'm forcing myself to take portraits since this is definitely an area where I need improvement, so you'll be seeing more soon.  Constructive criticism is welcomed.

9 comments:

Christina said...

Happy Birthday wishes to Keira! Beautiful shot!

Laura said...

I actually love everything about this photo... including the softness.

karren said...

Beautiful! It is genuine, and that is something to crow about!

Anonymous said...

I love this shot!

Gina Kleinworth said...

I definitely LOVE that smile- this is a really great shot- you captured her spirit which is so beautiful. Keep 'em coming!!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

such a nature and beautiful smile captured, Happy Birthday to this young lady!

Bengts fotoblogg said...

Great shot.

Gretchen said...

Love the smiling eyes!! That's always a good thing to get! I want to work on portraits a bit too... 'course now my models are gone all day long... and it keeps raining. UGH!

Kristin said...

Simply beautiful!