Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, September 18, 2011

Photo of the Day: September 16

September 16
ISO 400, f/5.3, 1/400s, 18-105mm lens on Nikon D40
I'm back!  After our weekend away, I'm scrambling to try to get caught up, but it's just not going to happen.  I'm beat.  But I thought I would at least share my POTD for Friday and Saturday.
Friday we just checked out the area near where we were staying.  We came across this lake in one of the state parks so Doug decided to fish for a bit.  I would have fished also except my fishing license, which had been in my car all summer long, was no where to be found.  So even though there was no one else around except for one older gentleman at the other end of the lake, Doug fished and I explored and took pictures.  He didn't catch anything anyway.  :)
Doug greatly dislikes having his picture taken, so I told him I was photographing the weeds alongside the lake.  But, oops, I managed to get him in the photo also.  :)

5 comments:

Misty said...

This is exactly how it works when the hubs and I go places together. He fishes (I join him sometimes) but mostly I take pictures. It's a great way to do what we love individually while still being together.

Anonymous said...

Love this shot.

Ashley Sisk said...

I'm really liking the perspective on this shot. Nicely done.

Gretchen said...

I have to do that with my kids a lot! My hubs gets lucky that the kids are always around, so the camera doesn't usually find him. This is a great shot! =)

Kristin said...

I really, really like this shot. Even though you can't see his face, it says so much about him. Nice job.