Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, September 12, 2011

Now That's Totally Random

Yeah, sorry about the title :) ... just a post about some random things that are going on ...


My husband is on vacation from work this week.  He plans to finish up some trim work in the living room and dining room.  I'm a little nervous about this because last year when he was on vacation and working on the house, he ended up with a broken finger and stitches in 4 fingers.  I'd like to forbid him from using power tools this time, but I know they are necessary.  


We are planning a weekend getaway ... just the two of us.  My sister is coming up to watch the kids for the weekend.  Thanks, Linda!  I'm soooooo looking forward to it!


~~~~~
My camera is still at Nikon being repaired.  Well, technically it is not being repaired because it is still on "Parts Hold" and has been on parts hold for over a week now.  They sent me an email with a link to check the status, so I have been checking in every couple days.  I sure hope those parts get there soon!  I'm glad to have my old camera to use, but I really miss my camera.


~~~~~
I am the PTO Treasurer for my boys' school this year.  I signed up for it because, thanks to Dave Ramsey's teachings, I'm pretty good with money.  So I thought how hard could it be?  Well, I was balancing the checkbook today and already my numbers are off!  A quick email to the former treasurer and we got it straightened out.  Whew!  It was a mistake of not writing a deposit in the check register.  That's a good mistake to have!


~~~~~
I have somewhere to go every evening this week.  I hate that.  :)  Not that they are bad things. I just like time to relax in the evening with the kiddos. 
Monday - get together with Bible study girls - done ... and fun!
Tuesday - boys' swim classes
Wednesday - Bible Quizzing
Thursday - Alex's soccer thing - it's not games with teams - just kids his age having fun learning about soccer
Friday - going away with my husband!!!!


~~~~~
I have a giveaway going on right now for Ginny Owens' new CD.  Make sure to check it out.  And I will have more giveaways coming up soon!


~~~~~
I just finished reading Beverly Lewis' book The Shunning.  Loved it!  I read it in 2 days.  :)  I got the second book in the series, The Confession, out of the church's library yesterday.  Haven't had time to start it yet though.


~~~~~
Went running this morning for the first time in a couple weeks.  My right knee has been bothering me so I thought I'd give it a break.  I actually went to the gym last week and did an hour on the elliptical on Wednesday and Friday.  It is easy to stay on that long when you are engrossed in a good book.  :)  Anyway, I'm praying that my knee isn't totally messed up because I'll be really bummed if I have to give up running.  I'm going to try a supplement that is supposed to help with joints.


~~~~~
I stay up too late most nights.  Like tonight for example.  :)


~~~~~
There is a cow farm just up the road from our house.  They must have separated the mamas from the baby cows this weekend because all day and night you can hear the mama cows crying for their babies.  Ugh.  It makes it hard to sleep.  Poor mama cows.


~~~~~
My nephew, Kyle, recently joined the Marines.  The once little 3 pound 15 ounce - two month premature baby - who is now about 6'2" and 180 pounds.  I'm both proud and nervous for him.  I'm sure he'll do well, but there's always that uncertainty of what will happen.  He leaves for basic training on December 5, which also happens to be Alex's birthday.  Good thing we'll be celebrating a few days early.


~~~~~
My desire to scrapbook again is coming back.  This should make my husband happy since he built me this great scrapbook room that I've hardly used for scrapbooking.  Oh it gets used, just not for scrapbooking.  Unless you count storing all my crap scrapbook goodies.  :)  I'm hoping to steal a few minutes here and there and get some layouts done.  I've got soooooo much stuff that I really should use some of it up.  I'd also like to get into digital scrapbooking.  Eventually.


~~~~~
Nicholas loves football so I'm trying to talk him into joining the YMCA's Flag Football league. The season only lasts about 2 months.  At first he said no way.  Then he said he'd think about it.  Then he said yes.  Now he's back to not wanting to.  I'm trying to encourage him to try because if he doesn't at least try, he'll never know if he likes it or not.  And it is FLAG football.  No contact.  No getting hurt (hopefully). 


He's so different from Keira and Alex.  They tend to jump right in to things.  He's my cautious one.  I reminded him how he didn't want to take swim classes either and by the 3rd class we couldn't get him out of the pool.  Now he loves to swim.  Football could be the same.


~~~~~
It is amazing how the words "I'm so proud of you" can impact a child.  Nick has a minimum he's supposed to read each week for school.  He groaned and mumbled about it last week.  Then tonight when I got home he told me he had spent the evening reading.  He read a couple books to Alex and then to himself.  It is only Monday and he had almost met his minimum for the week.  I told him how proud I was of him and when he went to bed, he asked if it was okay if he read in his bed for a while.  He increased his reading goal all on his own.  Instead of 60 minutes that his teacher requires, he wants to do 100 minutes.


I just love him.

7 comments:

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

I don't think I could sleep if my camera was in the shop. I would be so tempted to purchase a new.

Tell your nephew ~ thank you. I know just what we mean, my son was a 3 month preemie, 1 lb 8 oz. When he turned 18 he enlisted in the Marines.

Have a wonderful time this weekend.

Katie said...

Love this list of randoms :)

So excited for you that you get to have a weekend away with your husband!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Congrats to your nephew- that is an amazing thing for him to do. My first husband was in the corp & my little brother joined so long ago after spending time with me on the base as a teen. He's now a Warrant Officer & getting ready for his 4th deployment to Afghanistan.

Anonymous said...

I like your random list! Have a fun weekend!

Michelle said...

I enjoyed your random list. I'm actually going camera shopping with my daughter today. She's ready for her first DSLR! :) I showed her pictures from your blog so she can see the quality of the Nikon D3100. She's deciding between that and Canons T3i (btw: she LOVES your yellow flower photo as much as I do).

I added Kyle to our list of service men and women that we regularly pray for.

Amish Fiction is my all time fave reading material. Beverly Lewis did an outstanding job with that series. We live two miles away from a new order Amish community. I'd love to take pics, but I don't because I want to respect their privacy. Enjoy your books!

Melissa said...

I love random posts like this.

-I love the Amish Fiction! Idk why! Currently reading The Covenant by Beverly Lewis.

-That cow thing made me so sad!! :(

-Congrats to your nephew!

-Praying for your knee!

Teachinfourth said...

I don't think I could live without my camera...