Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sunsets ... Edited

Hi there!  Thanks for stopping by to see my edited sunset photos for this week's Shoot & Edit/Good to WOW! photo challenge.  I was pretty pleased with my SOOC shots, so I only tweaked them each just slightly in ACR.

Mouse over each photo to see the SOOC version ...
sunset-edit1
Ya know, I'm finding I like my SOOC shot better on this one.  You can really see a difference when you mouse over to compare and since the mouse over thingy doesn't work in preview mode for me, I can't see the difference until I post.  So I'm leaving it here, but I prefer the SOOC shot.  :)


sunset-edit2

sunset-sooc3


My slight tweaks consisted of increasing the blacks a tiny bit and increasing clarity and vibrance to about 30ish in ACR.  Then the usual high pass filter and resizing for web in PSE.  Easy peasy!


Next week's Shoot & Edit theme is "Turn the hose on!"  Those should be some fun photos!



6 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

I think I like your SOOC better too....I sometimes find that when I edit, it takes away that something special it had when I first took the shot, ya know? Either way, beautiful job.

Cedar said...

I do like the first SOOC better, but the second edit does feel just a tad richer and more interesting. They are just gorgeous shots with terrific coloring either way! Beautiful!

Jaymi said...

I like that your edits are simple and clean! Its all they really needed!

One Photo said...

Love the first photo - wonderful SOOC and edited!

brenda said...

I agree, there's a warmth to the SOOC in that first shot that isn't in the edit. Such a pretty shot over the water.

Anonymous said...

I think I liked your SOOC a tad bit better too. They were really awesome photos!