Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, August 4, 2011

Photo of the Day: August 4

August 4
ISO 800, f/11, 1/200s, 55-200mm lens
We have all been enjoying watching the hummingbirds eat from our feeder.  I'm so glad we bought it!  They are funny to watch in the evenings, because this guy thinks he owns the feeder and always chases the other two away.  But they are pretty persistent and keep coming back.  They are more fun to watch than TV!  :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo.

SKCPhotos said...

Beautiful capture.

Hootin Anni said...

I so agree...I so agree!!! They are fun to watch. And they're pretty too.

Happy Friday to you.

RAIN SCENTS

Susan said...

Beautiful photo! I even like the heart shape where paint has flaked off the post! He is a handsome little guy!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

Sadly, I put up a feeder and hadn't seen one hummer yet. I had better luck with my flowers last year.

Thanks for the bug ID. I should have known it was milkweed bug on a milkweed plant. Silly me!

Karen said...

A brilliant capture!

One Photo said...

Lovely capture!

One Photo said...

Lovely capture!

Gretchen said...

You captured him perfectly. Love that you can see his wings in motion! These are definitely a fun bird to watch... next year maybe we'll lure some of them to our yard!