Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, August 25, 2011

Shadows ... Edited

Welcome back to the EDIT version on Shoot & Edit/Good to WOW!  This week's theme is "shadows".  My SOOC shots were nothing fabulous, but they were fun to do.  And I didn't have to edit them much, which is great, 'cuz I don't really like to edit.  :)

{sooc}
Shadow1-SOOC Shadow2-SOOC


{edited}
Shadows 1 and 2 edited
I'm being lazy and not doing the mouse over technique ... and I placed the photos side by side (which means I can't really do the mouse over technique anyway). :)  Because all I really did with these was increase the blacks in ACR, then run a high pass filter and resize for web.  Although in the first one (of my shadow), I think I also increased the clarity and vibrance sliders a bit. 


{sooc}
Week 33 - Shadows - SOOC   Shadow4-SOOC


{edited}
Shadows 3 and 4 edited
Same with these ... increased the black slider in ACR.  And that's it!  :)


I played around with changing the colors a little, but they didn't look too great.  So I'm not posting them.


Next week's theme is Ocean/Pool/Lake/River.  Just in case you'd like to play along.
Too see more great Shadow edits, head over to Ashley's.  (can't get the button to work for some reason)
You'll be glad you did!  Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Gina Kleinworth said...

What GREAT shadows Kimberly!!

Ashley Sisk said...

Very subtle - nicely done.

Cedar said...

Very nice shadow shots and edits! Looks like you had a lot of fun with this prompt!

Gretchen said...

One day I plan to play along... maybe once school gets underway and I have more free time!! =P