Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Photo of the Day: August 24

August 24
ISO 800, f/5.6, 1/160s, 18-105mm lens on Nikon D40
This interesting flower is growing amongst my sunflowers and is as tall as the other sunflowers, so I'm guessing it must be a sunflower also.  I've just never seen one like this until this year.

I kind of like it in B&W also.  What do you think?
August 24 B&W

the long road

11 comments:

Gretchen said...

Huh... I've never seen one like that either, but it is gorgeous! =)

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Whatever it is, it's stunning, both in colour and black and white.

Cedar said...

It is beautiful! Both in color and BW! Really gorgeous!

Michelle said...

It's funny how the same image can have such a different feel to it. The black and white one has a soft, beauty to it. The one in color is so warm and cheerful. They're both really pretty.

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

what a beauty! a great surprise among the other sunflowers!

mommy to many said...

i agree with Michelle amazing how one picure can have so many "feels" to it i think i'm falling back in love with Black and White again!

Ray said...

Beautiful shot!

Kristin said...

I LOVE the color version! Very nice shot.

Jaime said...

Both are beautiful... definitely should consider getting them framed.

Unknown said...

both are beautiful! i can't pick a favorite. it is really a gorgeous flower.

Unknown said...

That is so sensational! Seriously. Take my breath away beautiful!