Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, August 25, 2011

Alex and the New Umbrella

While shopping for back-to-school sneakers on Tuesday, Alex found a super cool Lightning McQueen umbrella that he just had to have.  Now normally I don't give in to things like that.  We had a budget to stick to and I wasn't going over. But the umbrella was on clearance for $3.99 and I had a coupon which took a little more off, so I let him get it.  (And we had plenty of back-to-school-shoes budget left).  He was SO excited!

He kept asking me to take his picture with his new umbrella.  Apparently he remembers the photo I took of Keira with an umbrella and thought he needed his photo taken also.  And if there's one thing I've learned, it is to oblige him when he asks to have his picture taken.  Since he's usually running the other way yelling, "NO MORE PICTURES!!!"  :)


Since he was so eager to have his pictures taken, I let him decide where we would take the photos ... he chose under the maple tree.  Then I let him just play and be himself while I photographed him ... and he was super cute!

These are a few of the photos we took ...
DSC_0001
"Check out my new umbrella, Mom!"

DSC_0006
"Look!  I can make it spin!"

DSC_0007
"I really wish it would rain so I can use my new umbrella."  (and his muddy rain boots)  :)

DSC_0008
"See, I know how to open and close it."

DSC_0009
{singing Yes, Jesus loves me}

DSC_0010
"WOAH!  The wind is taking it away!"


This last one is my photo of the day for August 25 ... I didn't take any pictures today, so I'm cheating and using one from yesterday!  :)
August 25
"Take my picture like the way you took Keira's picture."
"Thank you for buying me a new umbrella, Mom!  I love you!"


Some days he just melts my heart.  I hope he gets to use his new umbrella soon!


Click It Up A Notch

11 comments:

Kmcblackburn said...

Visiting from "Click it up a notch". WOW....that spinning umbrella is AWESOME!!!!! Reminds me of those "spin art" machines we use to have at fairs when I was little and you would shoot on the paint and watch it spin. Lovely.

Kathy

www.youllshootyoureyeout-kathy.blogspot.com

Susan said...

That is a very cool umbrella :)

Kristin said...

Awww, how sweet is that! I love this post. Your pictures are wonderful and the story touched my heart.

Sara said...

Love the spinning umbrella, how cool is that! Love the one where he's peeking over also.

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures, so fun! Loved the second one!

Gretchen said...

The spinning umbrella shot is very cool! Umbrellas are so fun!! =)

Anonymous said...

What a cute kid!! Love all of these, especially the spinning one and the last one. I love his profile in the "Jesus Loves Me" one too. He chose a good spot for his pictures ;-)

Anonymous said...

Cute post! I love the last one!

Courtney said...

I remember that image of your daughter!! Aren't you a lucky lady to have such a cooperative little boy that day!! Looks like he was having a blast and I'm glad you were able to capture it all! Love the spinning umbrella as well. That last one with the catchlights is just wonderful!! I love the dialogue you included as well!

Jaime said...

Cute...loved the succession and commentary. :) Loved the last one.

Unknown said...

wellies and an umbrella! And the song!!! my heart would have melted!