Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, August 29, 2011

Photo of the Day: August 29

August 29
ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/250s, 18-105mm lens on Nikon D40
Today was our first practice day for getting up for school.  Keira got up at 6:00 since, until later this morning (and another phone call to Transportation), we had no idea what time she would be catching the bus.  Turns out she won't need to get up quite so early.  Yay!  I got up at 6:30 to make sure she had gotten up and ready as if she were going to school.  She did and was just reading quietly.  Then since I was already up, I threw on my running clothes and went for my morning run.  It was coooooooooold outside!  Who knew 52 degrees could feel so cold?!  But after about a mile and a half, I started to warm up.  :)  It felt good to be done with my exercise and ready to start my day by 8:30.

I know you are wondering ... what does that have to do with this picture?  Um, nothing actually.  :)  This photo was taken at my church where we went to play this evening.  The kids like to ride their bikes in the parking lot and play at the play ground.  I like to walk around and photograph stuff.  I'm sure these purple flowers are weeds, but they are very pretty anyway.

Now I am rather tired, since I'm not used to getting up so early, so I'm off to bed.  Another early day tomorrow.  Then school starts for us on Wednesday!

4 comments:

karren said...

These are beautiful, weeds or not...gorgeous light.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous shot. Love the lighting.

Gretchen said...

Wonderful shot! Love the colors and the light! We didn't do a practice run for getting up here... my kiddos already get up too early normally. UGH!

Kristin said...

Well, this proves it, you are so talented that you can even make a weed look stunning. The light and lens flare are awesome and very striking.