Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, August 29, 2011

Photo of the Day: August 28

August 28
ISO 200, f/6.3, 1/160s, 18-105mm lens
I literally only photographed this mushroom yesterday.  It is in my neighbor's yard.  I'm slightly fascinated with mushrooms lately.  There is such a variety of them ... colors, sizes, shapes.  They all seem to be different.

I enjoyed my computer-free day yesterday.  Although I came in to look at my computer several times ... like I was having withdrawals or something.  :)  But it stayed off all day yesterday.  After church the kids and I watched a movie, went for a walk, visited our neighbor (the one with the mushroom in their yard), did a little fishing, and played at the school playground.  It was really a fun day!

9 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

That's a pretty unique one. We just sprouted with even more today.

karren said...

Well, if i grew some like this, they wouldn't be so irritating in their big clumps in the grass. I have never seen anything like this one.

Misty said...

I love mushroom shots! This one is terrific!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Certainly has the unexpected! Love the mix of shapes, colours and textures!

Laura said...

That's a cute mushroom.

Anonymous said...

So pretty.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this! What a neat mushroom and great picture.

Gretchen said...

Always love mushrooms... though I always start singing when I see them (smurfs "la la lalalala la lala..."). Great shot... this one is definitely different from what I see normally!

Kristin said...

Lucky you to have such cool things to photograph. It's way too hot here for such a delicate thing to grow. I've never seen a mushroom quite like this one; it's really cool.