Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, August 22, 2011

Photo of the Day: August 21

August 21
ISO 800, f/5.6, 1/25s, 18-105mm lens on Nikon D40, processed with Pioneer Woman's Soft Faded action
So yesterday was a computer-free day.  I've really been convicted lately about how much time I spend on the computer, so I thought I'd try staying off for one day.  And I kind of made it.  I did watch a movie on my laptop since Doug was watching NASCAR.  And I did check my email briefly.  But no internet time at all.  Small victories!  :)
Anyway, what did I do?  A 500-piece puzzle.  Once I start a puzzle, I have this obsessive need to finish it.  And since it was a wet, rainy day, it was a great day to do a puzzle.  Doug and the kids helped a little.  I managed to photograph Doug's hand while he was fitting in a piece.  He hates having his picture taken so I have to sneak sometimes.  :)

3 comments:

Sara said...

Love puzzles, great way to spend a rainy day, love the perspective and light in your shot.

Gretchen said...

I need to build a puzzle one of these days. Great shot! I'm with you on taking a break every now and again. I took TWO days off this weekend... just enjoyed visiting family instead! =P

Kristin said...

I love doing puzzles and haven't done one in forever. And I really like the idea of a computer free day. I feel like I'm setting a bad example for my kids by being on it so much for everything. Maybe it would be a good idea to institute a family computer free day to get everyone to spend more non-techy time together.