Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Photo of the Day: August 2

August 2
ISO 800, f/8, 1/500s, 55-200mm lens
While supper was grilling this evening, I took some time to wander around my yard to see what I could find.  The clouds were covering the sun a little so it wasn't so stinkin' hot, which made it a bit more bearable to be outside.  Here's what I found ...

My butterfly bushes that I bought earlier this year are blooming a little, which I totally did not expect to happen.  That makes me so happy!  

My hibiscus flowers are beginning to bloom.  And I got to witness a bee completely covered in their pollen.  He looked so cool!  That also makes me happy!  Although him still being there once I went inside to get my camera and returned would have made me happier.  :)

We have a couple watermelons and a cantaloupe getting bigger in the garden.  Yum!

And we have lots and lots of sunflowers blooming ... which means lots and lots of bees busy doing their jobs ... which means lots and lots of photo opportunities for me.  And that truly makes me happy.  :)
     Sweet Shot Day
This is also my favorite photo of the week.

9 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Speechless.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Brilliant photo!!!
Must be worth growing the sunflowers just to capture photos like this!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!

Mrs. Frogster said...

wow and I don't even like bees! but I love this photo, Kimberly!

SKCPhotos said...

Wonderful macro.

Misty said...

What a great capture! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

wow - what a great shot! I want to reach right out and touch it!

Leigh Erin said...

Amazing. The color, the detail. Amazing.

Hood said...

Looks like you managed to get some healthy sized Mammoths! Unfortunately, our usual crop is pretty small this year. Glad to see some more sunflower pics out there.

Love the texture, colors, and use of the rule of thirds here. Very nice photograph!