Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Photo of the Day: August 3

August 3
ISO 1600, f/7.1, 1/320s, 18-55mm lens
Our 6th Monarch butterfly emerged today ... a female!  Isn't she gorgeous?!  And since my butterfly bushes are blooming a little, I had a different flower to put her on for her photo shoot.  This butterfly bush is called honeycomb, if I remember correctly.  And is that a little bug hiding inside one of the flowers?  I just noticed that as I was posting this photo.  Cool!

Anyway, this is our last butterfly so far.  We haven't had any luck finding any more caterpillars this summer.  I think it got too hot and dry too quickly.  :(  I'm not giving up though!  We still have the whole month of August to go!
     and then, she {snapped}

5 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

She really is gorgeous!

Laura said...

I was just wondering if you had found any more caterpillars. We haven't had any luck either.

Susan said...

Oh how pretty! I love all of her spots!

SKCPhotos said...

Beautiful butterfly. Stunning shot.

Misty said...

Absolutely incredible!