Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Friday, August 19, 2011

My Little Fish

Since my blog seems to be featuring Alex this week, I thought I would just do a whole post about him.  :)


He had several opportunities to show off his swimming abilities this week.  First was at a friend's house on Tuesday.  My friend, Julie, watched the boys while Keira and I visited the Jr. High for Orientation.  They had a blast in her pool!
DSC_0022
(And, yes, that is Keira fully clothed in the pool.  She just couldn't resist).

DSC_0012
Then on Wednesday we went swimming since it was a nice, hot day.  Unless you had just gotten out of the pool and the wind was blowing.  Then it didn't feel so hot.  :)


I talked Alex into practicing his jumps since he was still hesitant to do them during swim classes.  He doesn't like to go under and get his face wet.  I thought he would jump once or twice for me then go back to swimming.
DSC_0014
But he surprised me and kept getting out and jumping.  Over and over and over.  I think he must have jumped for about 45 minutes!  He even asked to take his bubble off for a little while and was jumping and swimming without it!  And he learned that he can go under and get his face wet and it doesn't hurt.  And that he will come back up out of the water without the help of the bubble.

DSC_0029
I was so proud of him!

DSC_0009
After swimming for about 3 hours, we had to pack up and head to swim lessons at the YMCA.  It was report card week and I was skeptical that Alex would pass.  Like I said, he had been hesitant to jump.  Well, after class he got his report card with a ribbon attached!  He passed to the next level!  He was so excited!  He can't wait to start classes as an Eel!

Way to go, Alex!!!


Give me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli

7 comments:

Laura said...

Liza gets to be an eel too. :)

Anonymous said...

lovin' your Alex week

Susan said...

I love the second to last one! Beautiful eyes :)

Anonymous said...

How awesome. I love these photos. He has gorgeous eyes.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Alex has amazing eyes sand he seems to be a fun- loving, wonderful growing boy.

Gretchen said...

Congrats to Alex!! We don't get ribbons for passing swim classes... LOVE that! Great collection of pictures!! =)

Teachinfourth said...

Great shoot...