Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, July 11, 2011

Skies the Limit ... SOOC

This week's Shoot & Edit/Good to Wow theme is "Skies the Limit".  I shot these on Saturday while at our church for a Water Party for the kids.  It was hot and sunny ... perfect for playing in water.

church steeple SOOC
ISO 400, f/11, 1/1000s, 18-105mm lens
Our church's steeple.  A beacon on the hill.

sunshine and clouds2 SOOC
ISO 400, f/22, 1/640s, 18-105mm lens
I've been trying to get a shot like this for a while now and my sunshine always just ends up looking like a big blob.  So I'm thrilled that I succeeded in getting these two shots.  :)

sunshine and clouds1 SOOC

I'm pretty pleased with these so I'm not sure what I'll do as far as editing them goes.  But I'll see you back here on Thursday with my edits.


To see more great SOOC shots, head over to Jill's.

Have a wonderful week!

9 comments:

Laura said...

I looooove the one of the sun and the clouds! How did you get the sun to look like that?

Cedar said...

Great job! Truly lovely captures!

Anonymous said...

The second one is so beautifully simple. I love the colors and the composition.
Donna

Ashley Sisk said...

I love the first shot - so simple and elegant. But all of these look great already. Keep it clean...they don't need much work!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Now those are STUNNING! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Branson said...

These are all gorgeous! They are beautiful without editing, so curious where you will take it this week :)

Michelle R said...

Eeekkkk!! First -- AMEN! to that beacon on thie hill!! (haha I almost accidentally wrote bacon! oops! still thinking of my blt for dinner I guess!)

And I love your sunflare! :) You got it! :) That first one is my fav of the two... For cc, if you wanted to, you could have increased the ss a bit more to loose the blown highlights in the clouds, but I still love it!

For editing, imo, I'd just pop the blues! :)

SKCPhotos said...

Love these.

LivingFree said...

Very nice! I love them all.