Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, July 10, 2011

Photo of the Day: July 10

June 10
ISO 1600, f/5.6, 1/160s, 18-55mm lens
Our 4th Monarch butterfly emerged today - a male.  That makes 3 males and 1 female so far.  I left him inside the bug box a little too long and when I took him out for his photo shoot, he flew away a couple times.  But I was able to catch him again and at least get this photo, but no good ones with his wings open.  Butterfly #5 (the last one so far) should be out in a few days.  I really need to find some more caterpillars!

6 comments:

Laura said...

I think it's just slightly early in the monarch season and that is why we haven't found a ton of caterpillars yet. (I've looked on an awful lot of milkweek lately. :)) When I was at my parent's my dad looked it up and said it's more the second half of July when you start seeing them.

Gretchen said...

We really need to find some of our own!! I planted a butterfly garden this year, but it didn't take. I'm still enjoying yours... and I'm happy to say I've educated myself on sexing Monarchs thanks to you1! =)

Unknown said...

Wow! We've had quite a few butterflies around this summer, but I haven't had any luck photographing them. Great shot!

Anonymous said...

Awesome shot. I love these.

Misty said...

Another gorgeous one. These are incredible!

SKCPhotos said...

Gorgeous!!