Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, July 10, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 7.10.11

Time once again for Scavenger Hunt Sunday hosted by the lovely and talented Ashley Sisk.  This week proved a bit challenging for me.  But I managed to find each item ... I think ...


{things that look like a letter of the alphabet}
letterofalphabet
The kids had a water party at our church yesterday and while I was walking around looking for this category, I happened upon these benches.  The handles looked like the letter "R".  Right?  And, yeah, Keira's not thrilled to be sitting out in the heat.  :)

{weather}
weather
After such a wet, soggy spring, now we are in dire need of rain.  We finally had a little reprieve on Friday which enabled me to capture these raindrops on my lilies, but not nearly enough.
Photography love...

{bling}
bling
Some guy right up the road from us was setting off fireworks last night, so we drove up to watch them.  We had a better view of them than we did when we watched fireworks on the 4th.  And I got to play some more.

{tangled}
tangled
Our grapevines are tangled around the trellis that my husband built for them.

{dark}
dark
We have a couple different hummingbirds that visit our feeder.  This one has a dark head and tends to be lazy and land on the feeder to eat.  :)  I haven't been able to get a photo of the other one yet.  He's too quick.


So that's it for me.  To see more great scavenger hunt items, head over to Ashley's.
Have a wonderful week!


Oh, and next week's items are ...

  1. Black and White
  2. Reflections in Glass (Exploring with a Camera theme - check out post here)
  3. Headlights (Chelsea's suggestion)
  4. Seeing Double (Chelsea's suggestion)
  5. Bare (Chelsea's suggestion)

12 comments:

Laura said...

These are great! I thought the tangled one was a snake at first glance. And that hummingbird is amazing!

Marla said...

Wonderful shots. I adore that last one. It is amazing.

Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

Susan said...

Great shots! Love the tangled and that you could get such a good shot of the humming bird too!

deb duty said...

The flower is so pretty. Love it in black and white. The tangled photo is lovely too!

Ashley Sisk said...

I would have never known that you were challenged - beautiful set. I love your tangled shot as well as your letter find. I really struggled with that one.

Leslie Taylor said...

Love the hummingbird shot!!

{Shannon} said...

I agree with Ashley... I would never have guessed you were challenged!! Great job on all!

Anonymous said...

Great shots! I almost went for a tangled vine also.

Anonymous said...

Great photos. I love the tangled photo. Gorgeous.

Marianela said...

Great photos! The hummingbird picture looks really neat! :)

Gretchen said...

I'm loving your weather and tangled shots... great set this week! =D

MPE by Irela said...

Honestly LOVE all of your shots. Your Bling is awesome and I love the colors in your tangled.