Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Red, White, and Blue ... SOOC

Finally, I get back to participating in Shoot & Edit/Good to Wow!  It has only been a couple weeks that I missed, but it seems like forever!  This week's theme is Red, White, and Blue.




We made red, white, and blue cupcakes the other day.  Alex didn't want to wait for the icing to be made and applied and decided to go ahead and have his.  So I coaxed him into allowing me to photograph him.  :)  Here are my SOOC shots ...
Red white and blue1 SOOC

Red white and blue2 SOOC

Red white and blue3 SOOC

He walked around with blue on his mouth the rest of the day, but he didn't care.  :)


Oh, and if you are wondering, we just mixed up a white cake mix, then scooped some out into two other bowls and added red and blue food coloring.  The good stuff from the cake store, not the stuff you can get anywhere.  That way the red is actually red instead of pink.  :)  Then we placed a tablespoon or so of each into the cupcake cups.  They turned out pretty cool.  And I'm doing very well with not eating them.  Relying on God's strength.


Anyway, if you want to see more great red, white, and blue SOOC shots, head over to Jill's.  See you on Thursday with my edits!

4 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

These are already great shots - I wouldn't do more than clean processing. Nicely done.

Kristin said...

I'm new to this thread of Shoot & Edit, so I'm anxious to see where you go from here. Your SOOC camera shots are really nice, and I love the idea of the red, white and blue cupcakes. We are definitely going to have to do those next year!

Michelle said...

You are definitely stronger than I am. I bought some patriotic cupcakes with red, and blue sprinkles just so I could take pictures of them, but I ate them before I could get my camera out. What a neat idea to layer the colors like that. I can't wait to see what you do with the pics.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Awesome SOOC. They are really great.