Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, July 21, 2011

Photo of the Day: July 21

July 21
ISO 800, f/8, 1/100s, 55-200mm lens
While visiting my mother-in-law this evening, this hummingbird moth paid a visit to her petunias.  He was difficult to capture because he moved so quickly from flower to flower and then was gone as quickly as he came.  But I did manage to capture this.  My kids were fascinated by him since they've never seen one before.  Now I need to buy some petunias.  :)


Linking up with LEM's "soft" photo challenge.  While I didn't get to touch the moth, I suspect it feels pretty soft.  :)

This is also my ... 
 

8 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

WOW - that is absolutely incredible.

Kristin said...

Fabulous capture!

SKCPhotos said...

Awesome shot.

karren said...

This is a lucky catch! Nice detail too.

Susan said...

Wow, that is an interesting moth! I don’t think I’ve seen one like that either!

deb duty said...

I don't think I've seen these before either. Really great capture!

Gretchen said...

Great capture! Never seen one either... except in pictures! =P

Tara said...

What an awesome capture, so neat! I have never seen one of those either!