Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Friday, July 1, 2011

Photo of the Day: July 1 + a bonus!

Welcome to my first photo of the day post on My Perspective!  I'm glad you decided to join me over here!


2011-07-01a
ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/200s, 18-105mm lens
Every summer I buy the kids Summer Bridge Activity books to keep up their schooling.  The books take them from the skills they just learned to the skills they will need to know the following school year.  This year Alex has been way more excited about doing his page for the day, which is such a blessing.  He used to put up such a fuss.  Anyway, they all completed their pages for June so their reward was ice cream at a local ice cream stand, which we did this evening.  (Nick refused to get in the photo ... in case you were wondering).  :)


Then on the way home, we drove past a local reservoir and came upon these cuties ...
2011-07-01b
ISO 1600, f/5.6, 1/50s, 18-105mm lens
I didn't have much time to adjust my settings to capture these sweet fawns.  Not too bad for taking it through my dirty windshield.  :)  They got off the road unharmed, but we never saw their mama.  Hoping she was okay also.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that first photo.

Susan said...

Oh love this! Great perspective, and what a messy cone! It always amazes me how kids can get the goodness that is ice cream all over! (Perhaps it’s their secret for such great skin and being thin!)

Melissa said...

AH! I love that ice cream pic! Too cute! Very good, Kim!!

Love the pic of the fawns too! So cute!

Laura said...

That first photo is pure awesomeness!

Unknown said...

Love the ice cream shot!

Ashley Sisk said...

Well look at that - what a great surprise!

Misty said...

That second photo is incredible! Especially for being taken through your windshield.

Gretchen said...

Aww so sweet... both shots! Ice cream in the summer is always a wonderful treat! =)