Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Saturday, July 2, 2011

Photo of the Day: July 2

2011-07-02
ISO 800, f/5.6, 1/50s, 18-55mm lens with 10x macro filter
One of our Monarchs in its chrysalis.  We currently have 4 chrysalis and one caterpillar in J form who will be forming his chrysalis sometime today.  I love the gold sparkles!  It is amazing to me how even their chrysalis can be so beautiful!  Next week we'll have our first butterfly!

7 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Those cocoons are so beautiful. Love it.

Anonymous said...

This is so cool and beautiful!! I wonder how this butterfly will look like! :)

Anonymous said...

You know, I think the Monarch chrysalis's are the most beautiful.

(*How DO you pluralize something that ends in an s?! This is a constant fight for me and my last name ends in an s! LOL)

Laura said...

So cool! Did you use your macro filters? We are going to look for some caterpillars soooon.

deb duty said...

This is amazing. At first I thought is was something made out of glass or porcelain.

Michelle said...

This is such an exciting stage. It's such a gift to see the process...and I agree with everyone else. The Monarch Chrysalis is beautiful rimmed with gold.

Gretchen said...

OH MY... how pretty! I saw a few Monarchs flying around this weekend... it's definitely time for them to come out and play! I didn't capture them on film though... too far in the distance. Can't wait to see your captures!