Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Friday, June 3, 2011

Looking up ... Edited

Welcome back to the "edit" version of Shoot & Edit/Good to Wow.  I realize I'm a day late posting this, but yesterday was busy, busy, busy.  And once I was done with all the busy-ness, I just didn't feel like posting.  :)


Anyway, here is the sooc photo I posted on Monday for "looking up" ...
{sooc}
looking-up-sooc
I still wish I had gotten a better sooc shot of this, but it is what it is.  And messing up is how I learn to do better the next time.


And here are my two edits ...
{clean edit}
looking-up-edit1
I just did the normal edits in ACR, then cropped in PSE.  Simple.  


But this photo seemed to scream for textures, so ...
{edit with textures added}
looking-up-edit2
I added Shadowhouse Creations Rustic Art 4 and SKC Photography's Grungy Mess with the opacity pulled way down on both.  And painted off of the parachute.  I thought about playing around with other textures and with the vignette technique that Ashley taught us this week, but it is just way too nice outside to be sitting here at the computer.  :)


So, that's it for me!  Next week's theme is BUBBLES!  We love bubbles, so this should be a fun one!  Be sure to play along!



On a personal note ...


Today is the last day of school for Keira and Nick.  Keira finished her elementary school career on a high note and will be taking all honors classes in Jr. High.  Nick did well also.  But he's an 8-year-old boy who likes to hurry through school work and tests so he can get to the fun stuff.  So he's smarter than his test scores show, although he will be moving on to 3rd grade in the fall.  We will be working on some things over the summer to keep his skills from fading completely.  


I got a bunch of groans this morning when I reminded them that we will be doing the Summer Bridge Activity books again this summer.  Yeah, I'm mean like that.  :)  It only takes a few minutes to complete a page a day and they get rewards for doing their work.  They love rewards.


Anyway, I am so proud of both of them.  And of my little man who will be starting Kindergarten in the fall.  He gets up every morning and asks me if it is fall yet.  :)  So sweet!


Have a wonderful weekend everyone!  Hopefully I'll see you back here on Sunday for Ashley's Scavenger Hunt.  :)

7 comments:

SKCPhotos said...

I like both edits but fave is the textured one.

Ashley Sisk said...

That looks incredible - I'm loving the textured edit. Well done. Have a great weekend.

mommy to many said...

i love both but my favorite has to be he textured one!

Anonymous said...

Awesome edits, LOVED the last one!!

Anonymous said...

love the last edit!

Cedar said...

Both excellent edits! I love that you were able to brighten and bring out the colors; and it didn't take much to do so!

Branson said...

This edit turned out amazing! Great job!