Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, June 6, 2011

We love bubbles!

One thing my kids love to play with is bubbles.  We had a bubble machine last year that was a lot of fun, but, like many toys, it didn't last.  So we bought a little bubble gun this year and have had a blast with it so far.  Hopefully it will last longer than last year's machine.  :)


I took a bunch of photos last week in anticipation of this week's Shoot & Edit theme.  Plus it was just fun to see what kind of bubble photos I could capture.  I deleted a lot and then narrowed the keepers down to six.  :)  


Here are my SOOC shots for this week's Shoot & Edit ...
bubbles-sooc1


Alex loves to chase and pop the bubbles.
bubbles-sooc2

bubbles-sooc6


I got some new macro filters, so I tried the 10x one out and was able to get really close to this bubble.
bubbles-sooc7


And just for fun, some out of focus bubbles to create bokeh.
bubbles-sooc3

bubbles-sooc5
I love me some bokeh.  :)


Linking my SOOC shots up with Jill today.

On Thursday I'll link up my edits with Ashley.  But to be honest, I love these photos and don't know that I'll do much, if anything, with them.  


Have a wonderful week!

9 comments:

mommy to many said...

very nice job! i too took TONS!! it's so fun and you can get very creative!

Cedar said...

Oh! I couldn't pick a favorite though the one with you son might have to be it! Great bubbles and sunflare!

Ashley Sisk said...

I love these shots - especially the first one. Any chance I can use it to render a bubble on my image? I can grab one from the web but yours is so perfect. Just send me a note if that'll be an option.

Unknown said...

soo fun, love the second shot with sun flare

Unknown said...

great job!!!! love them!

please post your favorite SOOC into the flickr group for this week!

blessings,
jill

Sarah Coggins said...

Gorgeous shots! Love them all. The 2nd one with the sun flare really caught my eye. :)

Michelle R said...

Wow, Kimberly!! I love all of these -- the focus and colors are wonderful! I always love sunflare, and your flare shot rocks!!!

But the one I'm amazed with the most is the macro of the bubble in the grass -- wow wow!! (so what kind of bubble solution do you use??? because mine pop almost as soon as they hit the ground! -- and they don't have the pretty swirls, I don't think...)

Awesome job, Kimberly!!

Anonymous said...

I love how you can start to see the reflections and how the sun just makes the bubbles sparkle! The bokeh is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos. Amazing!