Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, April 3, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 4.3.11

This week's Scavenger Hunt was challenging.  I learned something that I never knew before, which is always good.  Not sure I succeeded in each category, but I gave it my best shot.  This week's items are High Key, Bedroom, Something Tiny, Off in the Distance, and Stripes.

{high key}
high-key
These fresh-cut flowers have been hanging on for about 2 weeks now.  Some of them died and had to be pitched, but a few still remain.  For my high key shot, I held this one up outside against the cloudy sky and shot it slightly overexposed.  I didn't do much with this is PSE as I was determined to get my high key shot in camera.  It took quite a few to get it right.  Did I get it right?  Or at least close?  :)  This is definitely something that takes practice.

{bedroom}
Bedroom
There is absolutely nothing interesting in my bedroom to photograph, so I took this in my daughter's room.  Her room is decorated with butterflies.  However she will be a teenager later this year and I suspect the butterflies will go the way of posters and something else way more cool.  :)

{something tiny}
Alex lost his first tooth
My baby lost his first tooth on Friday.  *sniff sniff*  It is a tiny little thing.

{off in the distance}
distance
Notice the cars off in the distance?

{stripes}
stripes
The race track from our church's Wood-U-Race (aka pine derby) has these colored stripes so the racers know on which track to place their cars.

Head over to Ashley's to see more Scavenger Hunt photos.  I promise you won't regret it!
Next week's items are:
  1. Motion
  2. "Waiting to Click"  (Exploring with a Camera prompt - this follows the idea that sometimes we have to wait for just the right moment to get a particular shot)
  3. In Fashion  (April 2011 Photo Hunt item and suggested by Danielle)
  4. Animal's Perspective (Jessaca's suggestion)
  5. Many (next week's Paper Heart Camera prompt)

So that's it for me!  Can't wait to see what you came up with!

27 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

These are so great, but that something tiny shot is awesome.

Melissa said...

What a fun stripes shot and I really love your high key too.

debi said...

love your high key shot, always something new to learn how fun!!

Susan said...

Wow, all of these are great! I especially like the first one.

4 Lettre Words said...

Love seeing that tiny tooth! And, your "high key" is really beautiful.

Ray said...

I love your high key and tiny shots!

Kimberly Gauthier, Dog Nutrition Blogger for Keep the Tail Wagging said...

I WANT that high key image. It's beautiful. I would hang it in my office!! It's stunning.

Anonymous said...

All your shots are nice, but my fav is definitely the high key shot!

Jacqulyn said...

Awesome job this week. I enjoyed stopping by!

Michelle said...

Your high key shot is so pretty! I love the tooth shot, too. Great series, Kimberly!

rhonda said...

LOVE your high key. i will keep that idea in mind. i didn't do it because i had no idea what to take a picture of.

Anne U @ hot coffee mama said...

Great photos this week, pretty high key shot and great perspective on the baby tooth.

Becky said...

Love the off in the distance shot and the stripes shot! They are all great though!

Kimberley said...

Hey there! Thanks for dropping by my blog! I LOVE the tiny shot. What a great shot!

Kimberley

Cedar said...

I'm not one to talk, but I think you did great on your high-key and to even attempt to get it in camera! Very lovely photo.

Love all of these shots, esp. the butterfly in your daughter's bedroom.

Unknown said...

Wow! What a wonderful High Key shot! Also love your something tiny, I can certainly identify with you, nothing like those little baby milk teeth!

Heidi said...

Wow! Kim, you take awesome pictures. I can't wait for a new camera so I can start practicing.

allison said...

ok one more WOW comment on your high key - beautiful shot and interesting perspective!

Chrystal said...

Your high key shot is stunning. I love it. I also love your tiny picture. That little man of yours is so handsome. I think I'll cry when mine loses his first tooth. Great shots all around. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Your photos are great. I loving the pine wood derby one. Your angle is very pleasing.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Your photos are great. I loving the pine wood derby one. Your angle is very pleasing.

Melissa said...

aww the tiny tooth!! Great shots!

Stefanie Brown said...

Fantastic shots! I enjoyed viewing each of them. I especially like the "tiny" shot. We're going through the same thing at our house.
Have a great week.

Tiffany said...

Love all the shots...especially the tooth! Thanks for the visit.

Tiffany

Photography said...

Great shots Kimberly! I have been so slack with this hunt don't know why as it is always such fun and to see everyone's takes on the prompts.

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Love that tooth shot! Too Cute!

Charmaine Poulin said...

Great shots!! All of them!!! Awwww...the first missing tooth, we just went through that with our oldest!