Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, March 31, 2011

Maybe it IS easy bring GREEN

It is the last day of March and there is snow on the ground.  {sigh}  Not much, but still.

I realize that in Pennsylvania we can see snow as late as June, but once Spring teases us with her warmer temps and beautiful sunshine and sprouting flowers/trees, I just don't want to see any more snow.  Although I will admit that the trees look beautiful with a fresh coating of the white stuff ... and I was fun to see my kids have a small snowball fight while waiting for the bus this morning.  But I'm really ready for more of this ...

green1 sooc web
SOOC


green1-edited
Edited - very slight adjustments in ACR, then cropped and resized for web.



green1-comparison




green2-sooc-web
SOOC


green2-edited
Edited - also very slight adjustments in ACR, then cloned out the ugly brown stem.


green2-comparison
The Daily Wyatt



green3-sooc-web
SOOC


green3-edited
Edited - again slight adjustments in ACR; Nice & Easy action by Ashley Sisk; Baby Powder Room action from The Coffee Shop blog (on the background only - to lighten up and remove wrinkles from sheet); clone out stray string on pedal and string between eyes (those were bothering me for some reason).  :)


green3-comparison



green4-sooc-web
SOOC


green4-edited
Edited - slight adjustments in RAW, then Ashley's Nice & Easy action.  I'm not sure I like this one so bright.  If I had to do it again, I think I would tone it down just a bit.  I think I lost too much contrast in the flowers.


green4-comparison

Bring on the greens and gorgeous colors that come with Spring and Summer!  I'm ready!
Really!  I am!  Please?  :)




I had mentioned on Monday that I wanted another GREEN photo but my model (aka Alex) was being uncooperative and I would try to get it and post today.  Well, he is still being uncooperative so that photo never happened.  Maybe in a few weeks when we are featuring friends/family.  We'll see.  {fingers crossed}

Next week's theme is UP.  Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes UP with.  :)
(I know, that was bad).

14 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Your edits look incredible. Great job girl!

koreen (aka: winn) said...

Love them!

SKCPhotos said...

Beautiful edits.

Liz said...

brightened them up way to go.

Unknown said...

Lovely green edits!

Kristin said...

Great edits! They all looks so pretty!! Love them!

Anonymous said...

I love how you added that extra pop to each of the photos! They look great! :)

Gina Kleinworth said...

Totally can't pick a favorite! Love how each one turned out!

Cedar said...

You did a terrific job on each edit. I love that the first one is so much sharper and the toy flower looks so happy!

Nicolasa @ {My}Perspective said...

Gorgeous! I love the purple flower. I love the brightness of it! We have the same blog name! Great minds think alike!

Daniele Valois said...

beautiful! How I can't wait for some green!

Unknown said...

awesome job and I'm LOVING the bokeh in the 1st shot!!!!!

allison said...

I love the hyacinths - they are beautiful. I like the contrast of the sun and shade, very beautiful!

Candra Georgi said...

Love the last shot!