Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, March 28, 2011

It's not easy being GREEN

This week's Shoot & Edit theme is GREEN.  I've been so looking forward to seeing some green after our long, white winter.  So I set out the other day in search of green things and this is what I found ...
green1 sooc web
These are wild lilies that grow on one of our hillsides.  By midsummer they will be waste high and have gorgeous orange flowers blooming on them.

green2-sooc-web
I don't know what this is yet, but it is growing in my flower garden in front of our house.  Along with some green weeds that need pulled.  :)

green3-sooc-web
I saw this cute little flower in the Dollar Spot at Target the other day.  I just had to scoop it up.  :)

green4-sooc-web
This is a violet hyacinth that is part of a pot of flowers I bought last week ... since I'm so impatiently waiting for something to bloom around here.  We brought the pot indoors since it has gotten cold the past few days (even though I know they are hardy enough to survive the cold).  But since we brought the pot in, the flowers have been going crazy!  I awoke this morning to a lovely yellow daffodil and almost all the hyacinths have bloomed completely.  There are also red tulips in the pot.  Can't wait to see them too!

I had another green sooc shot in mind, but my model (Alex) is being uncooperative.  If I can get him to cooperate between now and Thursday, I will post the edited version then.

Looking forward to seeing what green photos everyone else came up with this week!
Happy Monday!

7 comments:

koreen (aka: winn) said...

Nice green captures. :)

Ashley Sisk said...

Great shots - I especially like the last shot!

Unknown said...

great green shots! excited to see your edits :-D

Kristin said...

wow! great pictures! They are so beautiful!!

Cedar said...

The leaves in that second photo are very intriguing! I look forward to your edits!

kathryn said...

My God, honey....I feel like I've watched you morph into an absolutely excellent photographer! Or, were you always this good and you just weren't sharing your talent online?
Either way, it's a win/win for us. I'm loving all your greenery...and you've got WAY more of it than we do. I was just noticing today that it still looks very much like mid-winter here. Any beginnings of spring have stopped dead in their tracks!

Katie said...

That's such a great idea - to bring the early spring bulbs indoors!! I'll have to do that next year. :) We have one lonely hyacinth that came up this year, but didn't have any pop up last year.