Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, February 3, 2011

Shoot & Edit: Red Edited

Well, it is Thursday, and you know what that means.  Wait, you don't?  Thursday is the day I post my edited version of the SOOC photo I posted on Monday for the weekly Shoot & Edit Challenge.  Whew!  That was a long run on sentence!



This week's theme is red.  And here was my SOOC shot.   
red gold dipped rose 
A gold-dipped rose from my sweet husband.

I played around today and actually came up with 4 different edits.

Edit 1 ...
Wk4Edit1WEB
I just did basic editing here in Adobe Camera Raw.  Then adjusted the brightness/contrast a bit more and cropped.  Nothing fancy.

Edit 2 ...
Wk4Edit2WEB
All the prior edits plus I used Paint the Moon's Vanilla Pop action.

Edit 3 ...
Wk4Edit3WEB
Edit 2 plus I added SKC Photography's Antique Black and White Texture.  I find it interesting that this is how it turned out.  Not what I expected.  But I like it.

Edit 4 ...
Wk4Edit4WEB
Last edit ... same edits as edit #1, then ran Pioneer Woman's Slight Light action and added SKC Photography's Painted Pastel Texture.  I removed the texture from the rose pedals.  (I'm not sure what technique that is called).  :)


Here are all 4 edits for comparison.
Shoot and edit collage

I have really been enjoying learning a little more each week.  Thanks to Ashley for spoon feeding me some editing techniques that I can actually understand!  :)  Can't wait to come see what you've done!  Happy Thursday Everyone!

11 comments:

koreen (aka: winn) said...

Oh! I really like all four. I couldn't pick between them!

Ashley Sisk said...

Gosh - hard to choose - edit 2?

Brownie said...

Wasn't the red fun?

I like the second edit the best :)

Thanks for coming over to my blog!

julie said...

I like the grainyness of edit #3 :)

cooperl788 said...

These are beautiful! I love #3 the best - the vintage look really works with the rose and the colors. I love how the red really pops, but doesn't overpower. Wonderful edits this week!

Design Elements said...

hard to choose :-) lovely greetings

Kathleen said...

They're all great, but I think edit 3 is my best - love the texture!

jillconyers said...

They're all great but my favorite is edit 2. The contrast is perfect.

R said...

I do this too! I can never decide which edit I like! I guess its part of the fun of learning? Beautiful, nonetheless!

Kristin said...

These are all great, but I'm drawn to the 3rd edit. Great photos.

Unknown said...

you really did a great job!!!