Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Looking for Beauty

The kids had another snow day today because of an ice storm we got overnight.  I don't think the kids will have an Easter break anymore.  :)  

We were supposed to get 3-4 inches of snow, then ice, then rain, then more snow.  I didn't see any of the snow, but we've got plenty of ice and rain.  I think the other snow is yet to come.

I was determined today to find some beauty in the midst of all this yucky weather, so I ventured out this morning with my camera.  I was pleased with what I found.

DSC_0001_web
This one is also featured on my Project 365 blog as my photo of the day.

DSC_0005_web

DSC_0008_web

DSC_0012_web
(Edited with Coffee Shop's Velvet Truffle action)

DSC_0015_web

DSC_0016_web

DSC_0019_web

DSC_0026_web

My popsicle of a car.  
DSC_0037_web
Thankfully we don't need to go anywhere today.  Since school was cancelled, Keira's basketball game is also.

I don't have a macro lens for my camera, so I did the best I could to get some close up shots with my 18-105mm lens.

We are hoping we don't lose power because of all this ice.  It is about 32 degrees right now and everything is drippy and melting, so I don't think we will.

After I was done photographing all the ice, I joined the kids in a snow ball fight ... girls against boys.  Girls won!  We had a blast!  And what a good workout!  We were all soaking wet by the time we came in the house.

This afternoon will be filled with movie watching and game playing.  And maybe even a little Wii.

Happy Tuesday, All!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos!

Ashley Sisk said...

These shots are gorgeous!

Laura said...

Your photos are much better than any I tried to get! of course I didn't leave my porch so that could be my problem. I just don't get very excited about taking pictures of these kinds of things.

SouthernSass said...

Great shots! I would not have known you did not use a macro lens. I do not have one either for my DSLR, but my little Nikon has a great macro mode. Have fun and stay warm!

deb duty said...

Sounds like such a fun time and the photos are just amazing. Thanks for sharing these wintery photos with those of us who don't get to see such things in real life!

Heidi said...

I hate the ice but I do think it makes everything look pretty! Some great pics there!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots! We have no ice, part of me is sad because of the gorgeous shots you can get,but mostly I am thrilled. LOL