Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Friday, February 4, 2011

CSN Review

Today is going to be a day of reviews.  :)

I was given the opportunity recently to review an item for CSN Stores.  For my review, I chose this Stamina InStride Cycle XL.
Stamina - 15-0120A - 15-0120 InStride Cycle XL

Doug had been looking at similar ones at local stores.  He wants something he can take to work and use while on midnight shift, when he has to stay in the control room instead of being out fixing something.  He doesn't like to be sedentary for too long if he can help it.  So we decided to give this one a try.

Ordering was simple.  Shipping was quick.  Two pluses for my first experience with CSN Stores.  Assembly was also pretty easy.

The item itself seemed pretty durable.  However my kids have managed to break off the timer and crack one of the non-slip rubber feet.  Perhaps I shouldn't have let them use it.  :)  

The timer can slide back on, but a piece of the plastic on the back has broken off.  It doesn't seem to affect the functionality though.

Also the feet tend to flip, so the flat part isn't on the floor like it is supposed to be.  Nothing a little super glue can't remedy.

As far as workouts with it goes, prior to today I used it a few short times.  But this morning I put it to a "real" test.  I wasn't able to get to the gym as planned because my son isn't feeling well today.  After yesterday's killer aerobics workout, I was planning to ride a stationery bike and read a book anyway, so I just did that at home with the Stride Cycle.

While I burned more calories than if I were just sitting there reading my book, I wasn't able to get my heart rate up very high.  (I wore my heart rate monitor as I always do when exercising so I know for sure how high my heart rate was.)  When I tried to increase the tension on it, all it did was make it squeak.  And the pedals would stick.

I spoke with Doug about it and his feelings are very similar to mine.  He used it a few times and didn't really feel like he got much of a workout.

Perhaps for someone who is new to exercise and needs a good low impact way to get moving, or for someone recovering from an injury/surgery, this might be a good start.  I also think this would be a good option for an elderly person who is homebound.  But for myself, it didn't do much for me.  

I am thankful for the opportunity from CSN Stores to review this item.

(I was provided this item for an honest review from CSN Stores.  All opinions expressed are my own.)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Bummer. Too bad it didn't work out better.