Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Girl Talk Hop: Christmas




It's time for another Girl Talk hop.  This week's theme is all about ... Christmas, of course!  


1. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
This is a tough one because I have many that I love.  The Grinch (the original animated one, NOT the one with Jim Carrey), Miracle on 34th Street, The Santa Clause trilogy (with Tim Allen), just to name a few.  But if I must pick a favorite, I'd have to go with A Charlie Brown Christmas.

CBX Blu-Ray cover.jpg
We have this (and many others) on DVD, but I still look forward to seeing it on TV every year.  My favorite part is when Linus explains the true meaning of Christmas to Charlie Brown.  Love that!

2. What is your favorite Christmas song and why?

This is another tough one, because I love many Christmas songs.  I just posted a few days ago O Holy Night by Third Day.  Love it!  However, being the huge Snoopy fan that I am, I'd have to go with Snoopy's Christmas.  I found a few videos on You Tube for your enjoyment.  :)




And another.



3. What is your favorite ornament or Christmas decoration?
We let the kids pick out a new ornament each year, so I can't really say I have one favorite one because that would not go over well.  :)  But I do love the fact that a former co-worker of mine still makes me a new ornament each year.  He's into woodworking and has been making ornaments each year since about 1997?  They are each unique and I look forward to receiving them.  Although I try not to expect one, because, frankly, I'm surprised he still gives me one, since I haven't been working for 5 years now.  Here is a picture of last year's ornament.
How detailed and intricate they all are!  I really need to take a picture of each one and make a scrapbook page.  Because I love them all!  Thanks, Bob!

4. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?

Picking out a new ornament each year with the kids.

5. What is your favorite Christmas memory? 

Well, my memory isn't that great when it comes to childhood, but I can remember coming down one Christmas morning and finding a new bicycle by the tree.  That was pretty exciting because we didn't usually get much for Christmas since there were 5 kids and my parents didn't have much money.  I didn't even realize it at the time that it was a boy's bike (or else I didn't care).  My mom got my brother, Paul, and me matching bikes.


Well, that was fun!  Hop on over the Girl Talk to play along!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

i LOVE that ornament!!!!

i also love Charlie Brown's Christmas! It came on the other night & i was pumped that i caught it! I had no idea it was coming on.

I like Jim Carrey's The Grinch! LOL

Anonymous said...

I have the same favorite Christmas movie as you :)

And that ornament is beautiful!

Laura said...

That ornament is awesome!

I need to watch a Charlie Brown Christmas again. That is a good one.

Anonymous said...

I love that Snoopy song too! I forgot all about it.

That ornament is lovely! He's very talented.