Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Photography Challenge - Simple Beauty



Faith's photo challenge this week is Simple Beauty.
I've been spending a lot of time sipping hot tea in my dining room and just watching the birds hanging around my bird feeder.  And, of course, my camera isn't far away.  I was blessed with capturing this handsome cardinal perching on a branch waiting his turn to feed.

11 comments:

Nicolasa @ {My}Perspective said...

Love how much he pops right out! Gorgeous bird and photo!

My blog is also called My Perspective! :-)

Leigh Erin said...

Lovw, his color is perfect and the depth of field is great!

Anonymous said...

I love how bright & vivid this shot is! Perfect!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture, Kim! Great job!

Our Beaten Path said...

This shot is awesome!!! I could stare at it all night!

Carla S said...

When I saw the thumbnail, I just had to click it! This is gorgeous!

Tiffany said...

Love this picture, I am actually laughing as I look at it. I have a tree right outside my living room window...a big, chubby cardinal sits there every day. I have been trying to get your shot for a couple of weeks. I open the door and he flies away. I am to cold to stand out there and wait for him to come back.....great shot!

Katie said...

Love it!! So wintery and pretty!

Climb2Nowhere said...

That is such a beautiful picture. It should be on a card! I love it. Really gorgeous! The red is stunning!

bek said...

Stunning!! What a gift!

And thanks for stopping by. =)

Satakieli said...

Cardinals are so beautiful, we don't have them in England (where I'm from) so I only saw my first one a few years ago when I moved to the U.S. I live in Germany now and haven't seen any so I suppose they don't have them here either.