Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Schramm's

On Sunday afternoon the weather was absolutely gorgeous (80 degrees and sunny - not your typical October day) so we made our annual traditional trek to Schramm's Farm Market.  The kids love to play on their bales of hay, visit their "zoo", and go on a hay ride.  We sometimes finish up by picking out some pumpkins and gourds to take home for decoration.


All 3 kids liked feeding grass and clovers to the bunnies.  The bunnies didn't seem to mind.




They also had ponies, goats, and pigs.  The kids got to pet them all but I didn't get any pictures of them.  They were in their pens and the kids tend to move too quickly from one animal to the next.  One of the goats liked to like the kids' hands.  Ick.  :)


They played on the hay bales.




Alex managed to get up on these 3 bales ... with a little help from his big sis.


I tried to get a picture of all 3 kids together.  Which is always interesting.  :)


This is the best I was able to get before they got tired of me.  *sigh*


Then it was time for a hay ride.  Without the hay.  It was the usual horse-drawn ride, but the wagon was hayless this year.





Nick kept snapping pictures of me since I put him in charge of the pocket camera.  However, I'm only posting one.


One of the horses.  Alex kept trying to feed them but he freaked out every time they tried to eat.  He thought he was going to get bitten.

I asked Keira to get a wagon for our pumpkins and Alex decided to go for a ride.


We bought 3 more pumpkins and 6 gourds and spent way too much money on them.  Compared to what Doug paid for the 3 pumpkins they got on the Farm Tour.  Oh well, we had fun.  That's all the matters, right?

2 comments:

kathryn said...

Oh, what lovely photos you took. Keira is getting so big...you can really see it in that photo of the 3 of them. She's got those runner legs.

80 degrees? Unbelievable!

Laura said...

I should have gone somewhere last weekend. Oh wait! I did. I was in Ohio. I forgot already haha. I like the pics of the kids on the hay bales. The colors are great with the blue sky and hay below.